Big recruit commitment this week?

He’s not announced the decision. Wouldn’t jinx it.
I thought you said at the start of this thread you heard we were getting him. Or was it someone else? I still can't tell if I should be excited, indifferent of nervous.

This was my thought too, but when you look, he was an early Bama commit, but doesnt show an OV or really any pics of in person visits with Bama staff on his social media, though they did send him an official offer back in October. I dont want to get deep in the weeds on it, Bama fans may be full of it, but they dont seem to think he is in the signing class.

If UA is trying this with Jones, and I do not know if they are or are not, we should be in good shape with him. That is very disrespectful, and only effectively used when the parents are loaded and WANT to do it in order to give their favorite school an effectively extra scholarship and it is all lined up in advance.

Maybe, if Jones does not have a commitable offer, he is using GT to put pressure on UA to find the ship. If that is true, we counter that with saying, "Jayson, do you really want to go there? They are telling you that you are their 26th choice.... Because if they don't have a ship for you this closed to NSD they don't really want you. Come to 404 where you will be respected. You can play defense cuz we need you there or offense cuz we have Brent Key in the house and we are building something rowdy like monsters."

We should be in good shape, but don't get wrapped up in individual battles cuz a teenage boy could get anything in his head and do anything.

He’s not announced the decision. Wouldn’t jinx it.

How old are you? Me posting my knowledge of his situation is "jinxing" it? Well in that case I'm not winning the lottery either! (I'm actually not...because I don't waste my money on buying tickets)

These days our biggest disappointment is posters that don't read the recruiting thread rather than the actual recruiting.

What a time to be alive.

Fsu jusf took a qb, Tate Rodemaker. So its us or Maryland and 100 percent of the signs point to us.
Rodemaker was going to South Florida. But I guess he backed out after the coaching change. The OC had been Kerwin Bell, who was head coach at Valdosta State before going to USF for Strong's last season.
Norvell seems to prefer more pocket type passers, so maybe that's why Sims started looking around again.

Rodemaker was going to South Florida. But I guess he backed out after the coaching change. The OC had been Kerwin Bell, who was head coach at Valdosta State before going to USF for Strong's last season.
Norvell seems to prefer more pocket type passers, so maybe that's why Sims started looking around again.

Yeah, Norvell offered Rodemaker the day after he met with Sims. Sims decommitted later the same day.

Back