Biggest game since?

Sorry man, I just have never lived in a world where Georgia Tech football gets a break.

You tell me which 4 get picked:

Alabama
Ohio State OR Michigan State
Baylor OR TCU
USC OR Oregon
Georgia Tech

If you think a 12-1 Tech team gets in over a 12-1 Oregon team, then there's no reason to continue this. Actually, there is no reason to continue this. Agree to disagree.

The scenario is assuming we're 12-1, right? Can you imagine the odds that we're 12-1 and four of those teams from four different conferences have 0 or 1 loss?

And anyway, the "ACC" debate is out the door when you play two top 10 teams out of conference. If we finish 12-1 we'll have on of the better resumes in the country and likely be in the playoff. The odds that all four other conferences have 0/1 loss teams with better resumes is just remote.

We'd have to end up with 3-5 wins over Top 10 teams. We're not going to get passed up for TCU or Baylor who played 2 ranked teams all year. Hell, unless OSU demolishes everybody I could see them slipping for the same reason FSU did last year. Played nobody.

***Disclaimer***
I'm sticking with my prediction of 9-3 for us still. I think we're a really good team but not strong enough along the DL to avoid dropping a couple when the offense is having a slow day. Just fun to talk about hypothetical scenarios.

Agreed.

The only argument between a 13-0 and 12-1 (with a conference championship) GT team is whether we'd be a #1 or 2 seed vs. a #3 or 4 seed. With our resume and that record, we're in.

I also say none. NC is probably not an achievable goal anyway, do we really have the defense required? But even if you lose, all goals are still on the table, even a magical 11-1 run to the playoff.

Best part about this weekend is that the football season FINALLY starts, and we get a barometer of who we are and what we need to work on.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Probably not. Which is the most disappointing thing to me. It just feels like we're one dominant pass-rusher away from being a REALLY good team this year. The kind that we've had a lot the last decade (MJ, Morgan, Attaochu). Maybe Freeman turns into that in the next couple years, but it still feels like he's a solid player that gets pressure every so often.

Probably not. Which is the most disappointing thing to me. It just feels like we're one dominant pass-rusher away from being a REALLY good team this year. The kind that we've had a lot the last decade (MJ, Morgan, Attaochu). Maybe Freeman turns into that in the next couple years, but it still feels like he's a solid player that gets pressure every so often.

Ya, if we had Greg Gathers on this side, we would be DAT BEAST.

I think that, for a lot of reasons, this is one of the biggest games in a looooong time.

1) It's the first time we've ever been considered even a longshot NC contender in the PJ era. Winning Saturday would put us firmly in the position of contender.

For this reason and this reason alone, this game is the biggest game we've had in 15 years or so.

It is only Notre Dame. We butt stomped them into the ground the last time we played them.

I don't and never have felt that ND was anything special. GT has every bit as much the college football pedigree, and probably more if you add everything up.

ND is no bigger than Tulane in my mind. Every ACC game is bigger.

Now when ND finally decides to come to the ACC table well then it will be a big game. A new rivalry even.

ND's glory days are long gone.
Umm. Have you looked at our all-time record vs. ND?

We lose, doesn't impact our ability to win the ACC. We can easily go on and win out after a ND loss and be in the playoff.

Probably not.

For one thing, ND is likely to nudge us out of any playoff spot if we win the rest of the way after losing to them.

And if that doesn't happen the ACC champ is currently the least likely P5 champ to make it to the playoffs. Add a loss to a ND with its backup QB and we are pretty much out.

Let me put it this way.... if we are trying to get into the playoff at 13-1 (with the ACC Championship), we can lose that one game to anyone but UGA. Beating UGA is the most valuable currency both locally and nationally.

The complete and total disregard for the power of butthurt is high in this thread. I'm seeing a transformation in our fan base to heights I haven't seen in a long long time. Makes me wonder if people have forgotten what it's like to be a GT fan.

Nah. It is a big game but I dont consider it any bigger than the orange bowl, ACC championship game, or UGA game last year. It is an important game that will shape expectations for the rest of the year, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

this right here

just another good team we have to play, not as big as Clemson, FSU, or UGA will be

The complete and total disregard for the power of butthurt is high in this thread. I'm seeing a transformation in our fan base to heights I haven't seen in a long long time. Makes me wonder if people have forgotten what it's like to be a GT fan.
This is what has caused me to check in on the price of butthurt. The confidence around here gives me pause. It was less than 11 months ago that Marquise williams drove prices to a 52 week high. Are we experiencing an unsustainable bubble?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Because of the way ND whipped Texas on opening weekend, they are perceived as a playoff contender and have been mentioned as this year's OSU. It may not be the toughest game on our schedule but it is the biggest nationally since 1999 when we played FSU down to the wire. If you don't think this game is a next level game for our program then I'd just say I disagree. As mentioned above this game is big for the PROGRAM showing that we aren't a one hit wonder and we are here in 2015 where we left off last year. We definitely start getting some pump in the media, and it makes the other 3 biggies this year even bigger than this one, but you gotta grab everyone's attention this week. Lose and we're out of the discussion till it's too late to change the committee's mind. Only loss we can afford is to either FSU or Clemson where we beat them in a rematch ACCCG. Baylor or TCU will get in over us if they have the same record....committee won't be able to take the heat of leaving the winner of that game out this year. I don't think either team is top 5 or maybe top 10 from what I've seen, but there they are in the rankings

The effect that losing this game would have on how we're viewed nationally can not be overstated. Yes, we can still win out after a loss to Notre Dame but I think some of you are forgetting how difficult that climb can be. Remember 2009? We were ranked #14 when we lost early to Miami and we were dropped clear out of the polls. It wasn't until late October that we re-entered the top 15 at #11 and that was all we got for upsetting the #4 team in the nation. It took us the entire rest of the season following that Miami loss to climb into the top 10.

If we are dropped from the conversation this early in the year, you'd better hope that Florida State, Clemson and Georgia live up to their billing and stay in the top 10 long enough for us to beat them, we'd need every possible boost we can get to get back into to picture.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that we'd have lost to a decimated Notre Dame team and would then have to be good enough to go undefeated through the rest of this monstrous schedule we're supposed to have.

Back