Black Watch - Throwback Unis

pickledickle25

Varsity Lurker
I really hope it helps but it’s hard not to recognize the irony after Boston College nearly hangs a 50 piece on us...

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Not a fan of this idea at all.

You want to honor the Black Watch? You don't do it by dressing up as them; you do it by playing like they did.

And please drop the "Black Watch is Back" :facepalm:
The timing is....unfortunate, I guess, but I am sure this was all in the works for a long time, including the promos. Not like we could stick them in the closet until we have a decent defense.

They look awesome so at least we have that going for us against ND. And I bet 'croots will like them.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Awesome jersey idea.
Absolute worst timing.

If we were 5-1 welcoming a Top 5 ND into Bobby Dodd and unveiled this no amount of fabric could have contained the resulting erection. But going into it like this with (probably) the worst defense in P5 just feels wrong.

It’s a bummer too because this ND team is about as beatable as you could ever hope a Top 5 opponent to be. Hopefully it inspires our guys and we catch them looking ahead to their Super Bowl next week.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Not a fan of this idea at all.

You want to honor the Black Watch? You don't do it by dressing up as them; you do it by playing like they did.

And please drop the "Black Watch is Back" :facepalm:
I see your argument, and counter with two workplace sayings for our young, motivated players:

"dress for the job you want, not for the job you have"
"fake it till you make it"

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Definitely not the greateat timing but this was already in the works. You can't shelf it at the last hour.
Eh, I don't care about any of that. I love the unis, but I was bracing myself for the fury soon to be unleashed by the GWG crowd.