Black Watch - Throwback Unis

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I like that mentality of coaching. god we could use it this week
I wonder if it would be as effective now as it was then. Seems like the team was the thing then - the uniform represented the school and you represented that uniform. Sort of like a flag representing your country, in a sense.

Now, the uniforms seem more like personal expression and the accolades are more individual (single digit numbers, Twitter handles on the whiteboard). I’m not sure the uniforms and things have as much of that “death before dishonor” sort of meaning as (I imagine) it used to.

JRjr

MidGABuzz

Dodd-Like
I'm sure I will get some flack for this, but this sound like a bad idea.

It reminds me of UGA(sic) game in Athens going with a "black out" against Alabama in 2009, IIRC. They were destroyed, ironically by a guy who's last name is a black drink. Coffee. He gashed them time and time again for 5-10 yards a go.

Unless our defense has an exponential improvement this week, this is just another gimmick by CGC to sell to recruiting. I hope I'm woefully wrong, but I don't see it.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
If we happen to be getting ass-blasted after the first half, the team has to change into these for the second half.
1603746378267.jpeg

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

It reminds me of UGA(sic) game in Athens going with a "black out" against Alabama in 2009, IIRC. They were destroyed, ironically by a guy who's last name is a black drink. Coffee. He gashed them time and time again for 5-10 yards a go.

Unless our defense has an exponential improvement this week, this is just another gimmick by CGC to sell to recruiting. I hope I'm woefully wrong, but I don't see it.
You don't actually think anyone believes the unis will have an impact on the outcome of the game, do you? It's just a uniform. It's a given that it's a gimmick. And it's not something that we just decided to do this week. These are planned well in advance and we are going to have a throwback/alternate/special uniform at least once a year.

Last edited:

MidGABuzz

Dodd-Like
You don't actually think anyone believes the unis will have an impact on the outcome of the game, do you? It's just a uniform. It's a given that it's a gimmick. And it's not something that we just decided to do this week. These are planned well in advance and we are going to have a throwback/alternate/special uniform at least once a year.
Not disagreeing with you. Just think it won't work in our favor. nuff said.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
George Gipp says, "Hi!"

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
The look may be back but based on recent performances I doubt the defense that represented the Black Watch look will be back anytime soon.

gogt121

GTRW121
I remember when we had an away uniform and a home uniform. Now the football players spend more time deciding which dress they are going to wear this Saturday than preparing to win the game.
GT does not have a “Uniform” anymore. Not sure what we have nowadays

aeromech

Dodd-Like
GT does not have a “Uniform” anymore. Not sure what we have nowadays
Funny thing about that is that we are getting preached to about 'branding' at work. You know how you promote your brand, you give the customer a recognizable look every time they see you. You can glance at a TV in a sports bar and know what 2 pro teams are playing at a distance. It is the same with big boy football programs like Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, etc.. They may throw in a new look every once in a while; but not every freaking game. They know the power of marketing, and the power of branding. Our product I suppose is being more of a carnival; but I don't think it helps us long term. to not have a recognizable brand.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee

Yeah, because recruiting isn't important

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Funny thing about that is that we are getting preached to about 'branding' at work. You know how you promote your brand, you give the customer a recognizable look every time they see you. You can glance at a TV in a sports bar and know what 2 pro teams are playing at a distance. It is the same with big boy football programs like Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, etc.. They may throw in a new look every once in a while; but not every freaking game. They know the power of marketing, and the power of branding. Our product I suppose is being more of a carnival; but I don't think it helps us long term. to not have a recognizable brand.
This is closed minded. You can successfully brand a program without having the same uniforms every week. Clemson's goofy alternate color is purple.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Any chance we can actually get our Defense to show up and show out?