Bo Pelini Fired at Nebraska

You guys are wearing white and gold glasses. Nebraska is the modern mecca of the 3-O. And is a much bigger/more desirable program. If they want PJ they'll get him. But after Bo, I suspect they'll want someone that is a little more PR friendly.

I mean, Nebraska's program is the 12th most valuable one in the nation according to WSJ, so I would say that the job is "higher" than Tech's, but I still don't see CPJ leaving for it.

I don't know if the extra money Nebraska could pay CPJ would be worth uprooting his family, his assistants' families, moving to a different place, and starting over from scratch in a different geographical location with which he has little to no ties.

Tech will definitely need to pay him a decent amount, but I think we will get first preference from him as long as we are in the ballpark as his other offers.

You guys are wearing white and gold glasses. Nebraska is the modern mecca of the 3-O. And is a much bigger/more desirable program. If they want PJ they'll get him. But after Bo, I suspect they'll want someone that is a little more PR friendly.

You are one of the dumbest posters on this site.

we should fully expect CPJ's agent to put him in play for this job. It's actually not a bad thing. If it gets into a negotiation, I'm sure one of the things Johnson will ask for is more support from the Hill, and some goodies for his assistants as well. That can only help the program.

But I doubt the big money Tech boosters will let him go without stepping up financially.

Meh, I think they hire a coach within the next 7-10 days with Johnson's name not even seriously mentioned by anyone other than message board posters and people like Mark Schlabach who have hidden agendas.

STFU. Our fanbase is full of pussies. You guys act like were Boise St.

It's reality. I'm not pissing my pants or anything but it is what it is.

Boise State has numerous BCS appearances several top 5 finishes and 65,000 at every game. You're a öööö moron if you think we're head and shoulders above BSU. I'd argue we're pretty much in the same tier. Again, it is what it is now go pick on someone that you can actually win against asshole.

Boise State has numerous BCS appearances several top 5 finishes and 65,000 at every game. You're a öööö moron if you think we're head and shoulders above BSU. I'd argue we're pretty much in the same tier. Again, it is what it is now go pick on someone that you can actually win against asshole.

Wow, that's really impressive considering they have a 36,000 seat stadium.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The comparison that matters is Georgia Tech to Nebraska, not Georgia Tech to Boise State. Check out these 2013 figures:

nGa0UKi.png
Source: http://b2.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=900c1000ea466e223e104a22814a

So Nebraska spends about $20 million more on football than Georgia Tech. About $5 million more on coaching salaries and recruiting. If you look we are middle of the pack in FBS as far as overall football spending. Not top 25.

Johnson left Navy and came to Georgia Tech ostensibly because he wanted to win a national championship. If his primary goal is still to win it all, and he thinks he doesn't have the resources he needs to do it at Tech, it could make sense to leave for a school like Nebraska.

There would be a number of downsides to Nebraska, but I think it would be imprudent to not to treat this coaching vacancy as a threat. Do we know Johnson wasn't meeting with Nebraska during his supposed trip to his place in the mountains over the bye week?

You are one of the dumbest posters on this site.

I stand corrected. You ARE the dumbest poster on this site.

You must be about 18 or something if you're comparing BSU and GT.

Jim Tressel is on campus in Lincoln today. Looks like he might get the job after all. The athletic director is an idiot if that's his plan though considering he's banned from coaching in half the games in 2015 and not eligible for postseason play (bowl or B1G title). Also the buyout on Bo's contract goes down 3 million after next season so there is no reason to fire Bo and hire Tressel until at least the 2016 season.

But hey...

Jim Tressel is on campus in Lincoln today. Looks like he might get the job after all. The athletic director is an idiot if that's his plan though considering he's banned from coaching in half the games in 2015 and not eligible for postseason play (bowl or B1G title). Also the buyout on Bo's contract goes down 3 million after next season so there is no reason to fire Bo and hire Tressel until at least the 2016 season.

But hey...

How many recruits want to be part of that? Sign up for a train wreck? If they hire Tressel, they are essentially saying the next 4 years or so don't matter.

And when he is mentioned in other places, his isn't a name that's particularly well-received by the fans.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.ph...ead-coach-may-be-coaching-in-a-ccg-next-week/

While I don't necessarily object to them passing on CPJ, some of them have legitimately retarded expectations for their next coach. I think the coach who would be the best fit for them would be Craig Bohl out of Wyoming, but there's probably no Nebraska fan who wants him either. I can't imagine them being happy with whoever they get.

pretty sure Boise's stadium seats like 35k not 65k

I don't know why Paul Johnson would have anything to do with Nebraska or visa versa.

Nebraska HAD a championship caliber option coach already, and they FIRED him, and the primary reason they fired him is because he ran the option.

Nebraska fans are generally great fans but some are so delusional lol. They're saying people like Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden :rotfl:

Back