BOB and Roof

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
Originally posted by beeware:
[qb]Apparently Chan decided that AJ would be the QB even before spring practice started. Hall realized this and left during the middle of spring practice because he was not getting a fair shake. It didn't matter to Chan that Hall knew the offense better because he didn't plan to run that offense anyway (which is obvious now).

All of Chan's blather about how Bilbo was too talented to stand beside him was just typical Chan-talk...it didn't mean a thing. Bill O'Brien got banished to the pressbox for trying to send in Bilbo and then arguing about it with Chan on the sideline.

This is Chan's team...this is Chan's offense...this is Chan's recruiting (or lack thereof, to be more precise).

We will pay for the Chan mistake for a long, long, long time....you can mark it down.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
pat.gif
Reading post like this over and over make me and other really sick. It's chasing people away from StingTalk to hear constant digs at currant staff while buddy buddy with any O'L staff member.

Originally posted by beeware:
Apparently Chan decided that AJ would be the QB even before spring practice started. Hall realized this and left during the middle of spring practice because he was not getting a fair shake. It didn't matter to Chan that Hall knew the offense better because he didn't plan to run that offense anyway (which is obvious now).

All of Chan's blather about how Bilbo was too talented to stand beside him was just typical Chan-talk...it didn't mean a thing. Bill O'Brien got banished to the pressbox for trying to send in Bilbo and then arguing about it with Chan on the sideline.

This is Chan's team...this is Chan's offense...this is Chan's recruiting (or lack thereof, to be more precise).

We will pay for the Chan mistake for a long, long, long time....you can mark it down.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
pat.gif
Reading post like this over and over make me and other really sick. It's chasing people away from StingTalk to hear constant digs at currant staff while buddy buddy with any O'L staff member.

There is no real evidence that anything stated in the quote other than things like Coach Gailey did say Bilbo is too talented to stand on side lines. Bilbo hasn't stood on side lines all season. He's also stated that he hasn't progressed like they had hoped. Bilbo himself has also made similar statements. He has agree with coaching decisions in public.

It's not the opinion its the method.

This post is just a bash on Coach Gailey and the GT program.

I want to say that I enjoyed chatting last night with everyone except beeware. Last week he was polite and enjoyable. Last night he wasn't. I personally do not wish to go into chats any longer as long as beeware conducts himself like that. He hates the current staff. He will jab at them with bitterness and hatred as long as he can. He made rude remarks towards me. I'm sick of it. He feels everyone calls him everything in the book on here which is probably true. He has done the same to others here as well along Coach Gailey, his staff, and Dave Braine.

Sick of it. Others are as well. That's the reason someone was looking for him calling out his name in lower west stands at UVA game hunting for him. He's gone over boards. It's going to escalate into something worse. I don't agree with someone hunting him down at all. There are some that feel that enough is enough and only a good butt kicking will shut him up. Sad very sad.
frown.gif

BEEWARE may I make a suggestion to you. Shut up with the lies, half truths, and non supported statements. I'm beginning to get a feeling that some on this board and other boards are going to, when they meet you, call you out and put an old fashioned whipping on your person. I would hate to see it happen as I would like no harm to you but then again with your name calling and the out right lies you spread as the gospel you would probably be deserving of them calling you out.

GTT, I do not necessarily like to restrict posters from the board, but you do have a good point. If it is going to cause a later physical confrontation, like people looking for BeeWare at a game, the situation may possibly need another assessment of his ability to post.

Personally, I can deal with it, but there appears to be some having a hard problem with his posts. I guess I had rather see him disappear from the board for awhile than to see some physical action taken against him by someone from the board.

It appears to me, he is closely associated with one of the previous coaches or administrative staff that was let go, and can not get it our of his craw. Maybe a period away from the board, being unable to see the discussions of the matter, may help him cool his feelings down on the subject.

Just maybe some of this would go away on both sides of the issue. I may have to rethink my opinions of his right to remain on the board until he has a chance to cool down.

I voted to retain his right on the last vote, but it may be getting a little too personal if he is being called out at the games.

frown.gif

Don't understand why Beeware and others continue to harp on O'Leary and staff. The facts are that OL left of his own accord, and BOB and others were already signed up on his staff and couldn't wait to get out of town. Some loyalty to the Flats and the players they recruited. To put icing on the cake, OB had to pop off about how crushed he was that it didn't work out.

As far as the current staff, they are ours and I will continue to support them as long as there is improvement. Right now it is a mixed bag, with some ups and downs, but at least enough positive things have happened - Uva, NCS to offset the negative - Wake, Maryland and a few plays vs. FSU.

Scorecard: Defense and Tenuta definitely an upgrade. Offense - capable but overall inconsistent. Commendations for coaching some kids to key roles - Clinkscales, Hollings, etc. Others I wonder why we haven't been able to get some contribtuions out of - Dixon, Bilbo, etc. We look great at times but look totally out of synch at others. Same goes for OB. Play calling has ranged from phenomenal to ridiculous.

Gailey will get another two years to account for himself. He would be wise to work on discipline starting with appearance - this is the downright mangiest Tech team I've ever seen to strength and conditioning. He really missed the boat not getting Bilbo some more reps this year - irregardless of the argument over who starts or stays in the most.

I give him my support because (1) He is here and that says more than any of our past coaches like Ross, Curry, and O'Leary who voluntarily left. To heck with them for turning their back on Tech. (2)Sure, we had a bad game vs. UMaryland and lost to a mediocre Clemson and Wake team, but as I recall O'Leary and staff handed one to Clemson last year, did the same vs. Maryland - "stay in bounds!" - and annually came up short vs. FSU that Gailey is getting blamed for. (3) The table is set vs. Ga. to write his name in the history books forever more, and until I see how he does vs. UG - the true test of a Tech coach, he deserves our support.

Back