BOB's value to GT football

Re: BOB\'s value to GT football

I'm very thankful for the 8 years Coach O'B was at GT. Feel he's a good coach and a super recruiter. Wish him all the best at Maryland except when they play us
wink.gif
. Will be interesting to see what position he coaches there. He's got a lot of good years of coaching ahead of him. Feel at this point in his career he's best suited to coach a position and spend more time on the road recruiting which might be his top ability at this point in his career. COs don't spend close to the time on the road as position coaches. Works out that way because of game planning time during the season, and the restrictions NCAA puts on recruiting.

GO Jackets!

Hi Terrif: as I stated in another post, my guess is that, regardless of what his everyday duties are, he will spend time in the Press Box, where he proved to be far above the average in perfromance.......just my guess.

Originally posted by wallybutts:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by kingbee:
I think that way too many people on this board underestimate BOB's value to the GT football program.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOB was NOT the man you all give him credit for.

Unfortunately for CG, he stepped into this big pile of dawg shiat someone left in the middle of Grant Field. Any coach would need at least one year to get on track after walking into such a mess. When the Fridge left town, Tech was very fortunate to have Godsey as their QB. He was a solid college QB and he knew the system as well as BOB. Godsey made BOB look good when the Fridge left, not the other way around.

The fact is, losing O'Liar AND all QB's with half a brain had everything to do with having such an AWWWWFUL season. (Definition of AWWWFUL season: Beat two or less teams with a winning record.)

With the QB's Tech had last year, and the injuries to the RB's, even the Fridge would have had a difficult time. I hope you all run CG out of town, because I know you could do a lot worse with your next replacement.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is the best posting I've read in some time supporting Chan Gailey.

Anytime a self-proclaimed former SEC coach who uses the Butt name downgrades a Tech coach, lookout!!

Last night I did something I’m not proud of. I wrote that I did not thank CG cared about TECH. I was wrong. I did something I tell my players not to do. I get mad and stopped thanking. I had no right to say that. I’m not CG and I can not say what he thanks. So to those I have offended I say “I’m Sorry.”

pat.gif

Originally posted by wrekfan1:
Last night I did something I?m not proud of. I wrote that I did not thank CG cared about TECH. I was wrong. I did something I tell my players not to do. I get mad and stopped thanking. I had no right to say that. I?m not CG and I can not say what he thanks. So to those I have offended I say ?I?m Sorry.?

pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't worry about it, wrek. It sounds like you offended yourself more than you did us. You're a Tech fan, it's obvious.

Many thanks bugboy for some sanity to this ludicrous post. Kingbee, how could you leave out that fact that Tony Hollings who led the nation in rushing and scoring was eliminated from the equation? Did CG's conservative offense call for 3 straight bombs on the opening possession against F$U? As for the no decline in our offense for the 2001 season, did we watch the same team? It started in the Syracuse game.

Back