Bowl Destination

Which bowl are we going to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Basically what I did. Nashville first, then the warm bowls, then the cold bowls.

There should be a reduction in bowls, and the ones eliminated should be the lame locations. Why is there a bowl in Schreveport? How the hell does that make sense?

Gambling.

Any place with a new coach is going to have a harder time capitalizing on the time to prepare for our offense provided by a bowl game. LSU is our best shot at a win over a top 25. But I would rather play Auburn.

Basically what I did. Nashville first, then the warm bowls, then the cold bowls.

There should be a reduction in bowls, and the ones eliminated should be the lame locations. Why is there a bowl in Schreveport? How the hell does that make sense?

There is an Applebee's in Shreveport.

Sorry but I don't think we're quite ready for the likes of LSU. Talk about grabbing a tiger by the tail. Like the idea of a match with Navy. Probably won't happen. Best bet scenario against a SEC team would probably be Kentucky. Dwags vs. Richt might be fun.

I never want to play lsu again

Agree with the sentiment, but I bet CPJ would love a revenge shot. He might even run a fake punt in 4Q up 35 points for good measure just like Miles did.

That said - I agree with posters above; would be a tall task. 6th best defense per Football Outsiders + combo of Fournette/Guice would be near impossible to stop.

Some chickenshit talk in here. Bring on LSU or whoever a bowl committee wants to throw at us. Can't be in the conversation if we aren't willing to play with the best.

Some had concerns before the Orange Bowl, IIRC.

I have seen State 5 times this year, So Miss (blowout), LSU (State destroyed them), Auburn (ditto), Alabama (even game, State outgained them +100), & Ole Miss (Ole Miss played lights out both off & def). State's front 7 are BIG & powerful. NFL level talent at DT, DE & LB. Lots of great athletes on D. Very skrong against the run. Pass def is avg.

Offense is spread option with both Dak and Robinsion running the ball. Unstoppable for most of the season. They throw the ball effectively with several big, fast receivers. O-line is above average.

Bottom line, State is a big, physical team on par with Alabama.

Given the intangibles, might just be an even game!
Miss state fans, just perusing their boards, think GT is the best possible match up.

The reasons they site their confidence is due to their strong front 7 and PJs bowl record being not great.

Some chickenshit talk in here. Bring on LSU or whoever a bowl committee wants to throw at us. Can't be in the conversation if we aren't willing to play with the best.

I agree. BTW, what happened to our games against Alabama? Why were they taken off the schedule?

#ExcreteTheBowls

Can't blame you, what a miserable night that was. The paper planes were the highlight of the night mainly because by halftime it seemed like they had the right idea, soaring down to the ground from an upper deck.
I got that öööö onto the field from the top of the upper deck. Guy near me is the one who threw it threw a plane through the uprights. By far the loudest cheer of the game was when it went through. I was grateful for any excuse not to pay attention to the game.

An SEC opponent in the bowl would mean three SEC teams in a row since Tenn is the 2017 opener. To be the man you have to beat the man!
This right here. When next season begins, we're already going to have eyes on us because of the opener with Tennessee. If we finish 2016 with nine wins, going 6-1 in the second half of the season including road wins against Georgia and VPI plus a bowl victory, we've got a perfect opportunity to reinsert ourselves into the national discussion. If that bowl win comes against another SEC school, it may be good enough to start a couple of spots higher in the first polls. This year isn't wrapping up with the exact same amount of success and fanfare as we had in 2014, but I believe a strong finish will have us back close to the situation we began 2015 with.

An SEC opponent in the bowl would mean three SEC teams in a row since Tenn is the 2017 opener. To be the man you have to beat the man!

Okay 2013. Outside of Bama, how has the SEC been the man since 2013? The SEC was exposed in the 2014 bowl season. But I get what you're saying and I personally would love LSU

This right here. When next season begins, we're already going to have eyes on us because of the opener with Tennessee. If we finish 2016 with nine wins, going 6-1 in the second half of the season including road wins against Georgia and VPI plus a bowl victory, we've got a perfect opportunity to reinsert ourselves into the national discussion. If that bowl win comes against another SEC school, it may be good enough to start a couple of spots higher in the first polls. This year isn't wrapping up with the exact same amount of success and fanfare as we had in 2014, but I believe a strong finish will have us back close to the situation we began 2015 with.

Brand new quarterback. I'd wait to see how that works out before I talk about inserting ourselves into the national discussion.

FWIW, Yahoo Sports had us going to Sun Bowl vs Colorado State. Good chance to stick it to that ex-dwag Bobo. Hard to say if our players would be "fired up" for that one though.

Back