Bowl?

Just to recap:

We are not going to a bowl because ALL of these things happened:
1. Lost to Tennessee before they realized they sucked and stopped trying. Still, double OT because of a missed chip shot FG and an unlikely fumble (also defense couldn't get a stop late).
2. Lost to a good Miami team because a well defended pass bounced off of a WR's facemask and he caught it to convert a long 4th down conversion.
3. Lost to a not good Virginia team because we played like crap.
4. Lost to a not good Duke team because we got pushed around all game.

Literally, if any 1 of those things didn't happen we'd be going to a bowl. Looking back, the only convincing losses this year were Clemson, Duke, and Georgia. That Duke loss really makes no sense.

Reactions: eg1
I challenge the assertion that I even existed months ago.
Hmmm...
122. Doesn't one need grounds for doubt?
125. If a blind man were to ask me "Have you got two hands?," I should not make sure by looking. If I were to have any doubt of it, then I don't know why I should trust my eyes. For why shouldn't I test my eyes by looking to find out whether I see my two hands? What is to be tested by what? (Who decides what stands fast?) And what does it mean to say that such and such stands fast?
Wittgenstein, On Certainty

Bowl talk is so very stupid.

For a program to have as one of its goals to go to a bowl game is pathetic. Yes, there are exceptions such as 2015 for us with so many injuries. And exceptions like OSU & bama knowing they will almost always be good enough to go to a bowl.

But, with all the bowl games now, the teams that have going to a bowl as a team goal are places like puke / wfu / vandy / Tulane / BC / Oregon State / Tulsa / vagina / Utah State / Maryland / Rutgers / umass / uk / and places like that.

It is despicable for GT to have going to a bowl game as some sort of season achieving goal.

We should not continue to dumb ourselves down to that level.

I mean, we went almost two decades being consistently good enough to go to a bowl, something a lot of factory schools couldn't say. I'm OK with "making a bowl" being the lowest goal in the list, sort of the minimum bar for a decent season.

JRjr

I mean, we went almost two decades being consistently good enough to go to a bowl, something a lot of factory schools couldn't say. I'm OK with "making a bowl" being the lowest goal in the list, sort of the minimum bar for a decent season.

JRjr

Yeah. I mean, going to a bowl > not going to a bowl. Thus, why we tried to schedule a 12th game.

I suppose our bowl this year is going to be the CPJ bowl : Army vs. Navy.

the quality of being justifiable by reason

I like this one.
Most illogical. You were supposed to offer a definition of "logic," but you appeared to have offered one of "logical."

Last edited:
Most illogical. You were supposed to offer a definition of "logic," but you appeared to have offered one of "logical."
Google says otherwise. Your argument is invalid.

Even gives a couple uses in a sentence:

"There's no logic in telling her not to hit people when that's what you're doing"
"This case appears to defy all logic"

Also gives some synonyms...

reason, judgment, logical thought, rationality, wisdom, sense, good sense, common sense, sanity;
informal horse sense

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

If their only losses were to UT, UVA and Duke they don’t deserve a bowl appearance. Bad teams get killed by teams like Clemson and UGA, which is exactly what happened.

Back