Bowling!

Here’s the breakdown of this thread:

-You’re going to Pinstripe
-No! I hate New York! I’ve never been and never going!
-Ok you’re going to Birmingham to play Troy.
-God ncaa sucks! Birmingham is horrible! Playing Troy is a no win scenario!
-Alright öööö it, I’m sending you to Tampa to play UCF.
-oh that’s just ööööing great! We saw what happened when we last played them! Tampa has such high crime!

This is what y’all are. Constant whiners. I’ll be there. öööö your excuses.

:bigcry:

This is all true, and it if you just read it as if you were talking to Livia Soprano at her most sour, this would be it. This was destined to be the reaction no matter where we went.

1701659373692.png

I can just imagine what the conference call for bowl selection is like. A bunch of sleazy ADs using any disingenuous argument they can think of to move their team up a slot or get the location or day they prefer. I'm happy to be going bowling in Tampa, but I suspect that Tech (4th in the conference standings) ended up 11th in the selection process, not because better bowls didn't want us, but more because the ACC insiders manipulated the process.

I can just imagine what the conference call for bowl selection is like. A bunch of sleazy ADs using any disingenuous argument they can think of to move their team up a slot or get the location or day they prefer. I'm happy to be going bowling in Tampa, but I suspect that Tech (4th in the conference standings) ended up 11th in the selection process, not because better bowls didn't want us, but more because the ACC insiders manipulated the process.
Yep. ACC bowls used to pick in order of standings, with only 1 place wiggle room at their option to address geographic proximity, attendance concerns, etc. Now there is no merit factor at all. Which makes the FSU argument even more hypocritical.

Yep. ACC bowls used to pick in order of standings, with only 1 place wiggle room at their option to address geographic proximity, attendance concerns, etc. Now there is no merit factor at all. Which makes the FSU argument even more hypocritical.
It's a return to how bowls originally operated.

I would have gone to New York, but I'm on vacation the previous week, and the game is in the middle of the work week.

I would have gone to Birmingham, but we are flying in from San Juan and arrive in Atlanta about 11PM on the 22nd, and my daughter is driving up on the 23rd and there's no way we could make it by noon.

I would go to Tampa but I'll be on an airplane during the game. Rulesette will be there representing the Rules family.

But I would never make the lame excuse of not going because I didn't like the city we're playing in.
You should have known better than to schedule a family trip before the bowl schedule was announced. What kind of fan are you?

You should have known better than to schedule a family trip before the bowl schedule was announced. What kind of fan are you?
One who doesn’t want the marital discord that would come with a pissed off wife.

She wanted to take Rules Jr on vacation since he spent most of the year in Taiwan.

One who doesn’t want the marital discord that would come with a pissed off wife.

She wanted to take Rules Jr on vacation since he spent most of the year in Taiwan.
Tampa is a great vacation spot this time of year.

To go to Tampa instead?

Bwahahahahahaha!!!
I made this chick mad once. She was pissed because she thought I promised her a trip to Florida when all I really said is I was gonna Tampa with her.

Back