Bradley sticks knife deeper in Sunday AJC

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Here is his closing paragraph:
"Tech seems to be suggesting that last season was Suggs' fault. If 2003 turns out as poorly as is anticipated, no player will get the blame. That will fall entirely on Gailey. Tech people haven't yet warmed to him, and it's difficult to imagine a 4-8 season igniting anyone's ardor. "There may be low expectations for some people," Gailey said, "but for some of us there are pretty high expectations." And maybe steep consequences as well."
Love him or hate him...Bradley tells it like it is.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
"Tech seems to be suggesting that last season was Suggs' fault. If 2003 turns out as poorly as is anticipated, no player will get the blame. That will fall entirely on Gailey. Tech people haven't yet warmed to him, and it's difficult to imagine a 4-8 season igniting anyone's ardor. "There may be low expectations for some people," Gailey said, "but for some of us there are pretty high expectations." And maybe steep consequences as well."
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">All those Tech people who haven't warmed to gailey yet are just a bunch of mutts... We don't need their donations & we don't need 'em at games... the hell with 'em...
BOO

Some people , including posters on this board, will never warm to Gailey no matter how many games he wins.

I see nothing wrong with those comments. He did not say we could not win, he only stated Gailey would probably be in trouble if we did not win. That is really a no-brainer.

It is obvious Gailey would be in trouble if we have a disastrious season.

Since we are picked about 8th in the ACC, we can only go up from there. Nobody knows for sure until the games are played.

Father Time

Don't see anything special in the article. It's just a writer saying things that everyone already knows. Typical Bradley actually. If we look bad Gailey will have troubles. If we look good he won't.

Mark Bradley is salivating like a mad dog waiting to pounce on a 3 year old child. His greatest joy would be to see Tech and the ACC diminished in any way possible.

He is a helpless SEC homer who has a well documented agenda for glorifying UGAG and all things SEC. The expansion of the ACC and the rise in prominence of the ACC to a status of the best football conference in America will give Bradley a huge ulcer. I look for him to jump from some tall building in Atlanta in a couple of years, figuring life is over as a result of the SEC being inferior to the ACC in football. I for one look forward to it!

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">All those Tech people who haven't warmed to gailey yet are just a bunch of mutts... We don't need their donations & we don't need 'em at games... the hell with 'em...
BOO
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Once again Peepad, you completely miss the point. It's not that we want people to warm to Gailey, although I think it would be helpful to show support for him. What I think and several other people think is that there is not enough proof out there that he is a bad coach. There is a lot of evidence that would suggest he has the potential to be great, as well as the potential to be bad (No pun intended). Give the man a fair chance, and support him during that chance, and after 3 seasons, let's step back and assess where we are and what he has done.

Some people on this board, most notably you, MSTA, and BDG feel that the sample size of three games from last year sum our coach up and that's all we can ever expect. That's just stupid and unfair, in my opinion.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BORE.. Apparently some Tech people look at sports differently than mainstream.. Turn on sports radio, read the paper, read message boards... Bobby Cox has won 11 Division Championships in a row & receives criticism all the time for fans, mainly for not winning more World Series.. Heck, I've played golf with Cox & had beers with him a few times over the years (lives around the corner) Super nice man, I still think he should've played Blauser of Belliard in '91 & batted Lopez 5th in between McGriff & Klesko so we wouldn't have had 3 lefties in a row for several season there (killed us in the playoffs, IMO... Reeves was crucified after the '91 season, almost everybody wanting him out... Joe Torre is under heat by some fans & Steinbrenner in NY this year despite winning all those championships... Richt was under a lot of pressure after his first year for calling that running play on the goal line against Auburn with no TOs and :18 left & for punting with a minute left in the bowl game vs BC... It is the nature of coaching/managing in sports to be under constant pressure & be criticized... Some of you just don't seem to understand that, tho..

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
BOO
BOO
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Once again Peepad, you completely miss the point. It's not that we want people to warm to Gailey, although I think it would be helpful to show support for him. What I think and several other people think is that there is not enough proof out there that he is a bad coach. There is a lot of evidence that would suggest he has the potential to be great, as well as the potential to be bad (No pun intended). Give the man a fair chance, and support him during that chance, and after 3 seasons, let's step back and assess where we are and what he has done.

Some people on this board, most notably you, MSTA, and BDG feel that the sample size of three games from last year sum our coach up and that's all we can ever expect. That's just stupid and unfair, in my opinion.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BORE.. Apparently some Tech people look at sports differently than mainstream.. Turn on sports radio, read the paper, read message boards... Bobby Cox has won 11 Division Championships in a row & receives criticism all the time for fans, mainly for not winning more World Series.. Heck, I've played golf with Cox & had beers with him a few times over the years (lives around the corner) Super nice man, I still think he should've played Blauser of Belliard in '91 & batted Lopez 5th in between McGriff & Klesko so we wouldn't have had 3 lefties in a row for several season there (killed us in the playoffs, IMO... Reeves was crucified after the '91 season, almost everybody wanting him out... Joe Torre is under heat by some fans & Steinbrenner in NY this year despite winning all those championships... Richt was under a lot of pressure after his first year for calling that running play on the goal line against Auburn with no TOs and :18 left & for punting with a minute left in the bowl game vs BC... It is the nature of coaching/managing in sports to be under constant pressure & be criticized... Some of you just don't seem to understand that, tho..
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Now I can live with that, as long as you support the coaches efforts. Be critical all you want to, but that doesn't mean taking unneccessary pot shots. You can be critical and support his efforts. Unfortunately, you seem to take some mild manner pot shots at the coach whenever you get the chance. Once, or twice... big deal, but once you've shown a history of doing that, which you have, then it seems like you ARE negative and want the program to fail. That's why people don't like you.

People don't like me either, but it's not because I'm dissing on GT sports, it's because I can be an asshole. I usually try to stay upbeat. And especially This time of year when typically we are able to stay positive because the games haven't been played yet. I just hate to see the overall fan base go flying off the handle due to one or two events.
Now Braine... he's made his bed, he can lie in it. Chan... you cannot tell me he's been given enough of a chance to show what he can do. It's that simple.

But that is my point Beebad. Criticize all you want for decision that a coach/manager makes. But to personally attack someone because you don't like him or agree with his firing is detrimental to the school. To compare Tech to the Braves or Yankees only goes so far IMO. There is a difference in college sports that goes beyond winning and losing. Some dont' get that part.

Also, my problem with bdg in particular is he delights in finding articles like this one, which doesn't say anything, and making is sound like a bigger deal then it is just to get at Gailey. He also loves to find quotes he can take out of context to make his target look stupid. Then he conveniently stays out of the fray and won't answer any questions or defend his "views". Driver8 simply hates Gailey and will post nothing but negatives until he's gone. I have no use for either one of them.

BOO
BOO

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">"there is not enough proof out there that he is a bad coach..." True. But there was 0% proof that Gailey could run a DIV I-A program successfully either. He hadnt been around kids, alumni, faculty, etc of a DIV I-A program. But that is no his fault. He applied for the job and Braineless hired him. Since then, he has faced one manufactured problem after another- some of which were laid at his feet by Braine himself. You have to give Gailey a chance. But Braine has passed go to many times to continue to circle the board. It would help us, and it certainly wouldnt hurt Gailey and his staff.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
But that is my point Beebad. Criticize all you want for decision that a coach/manager makes. But to personally attack someone because you don't like him or agree with his firing is detrimental to the school. To compare Tech to the Braves or Yankees only goes so far IMO. There is a difference in college sports that goes beyond winning and losing. Some dont' get that part.

Also, my problem with bdg in particular is he delights in finding articles like this one, which doesn't say anything, and making is sound like a bigger deal then it is just to get at Gailey. He also loves to find quotes he can take out of context to make his target look stupid. Then he conveniently stays out of the fray and won't answer any questions or defend his "views". Driver8 simply hates Gailey and will post nothing but negatives until he's gone. I have no use for either one of them.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC.. I don't personally attack gailey.. Any critique is pointed solely at his abilitites and decisions as a coach.. If you see something of that nature, point it out to me and I will consider an edit... What is intriguing is that I point the same type criticisms towards braine & receive attaboys... (my response to John Davis' thread today for example)... So it is apparent that if you agree with me everything is cool, if you don't then I'm a moron, an idiot and/or a mutt... (not necessarily in that order)...

BOO
BOO

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOR: Since you used me as your focus ... you haven't been on this board long enough ... I have used the ENTIRE SEASON to post why I don't like Gailey in many discussions here. I posted all through the season what I thought I was seeing. It didn't take Duke, Ugag and Fresno for me to make a decision on what I believe was a bad hire.

And, there are many, many more fans who are not sold on him and may never be. Time will ultimately be his doing or undoing.

BeeBad, I was responding to several posts at once. You don't go in for personal attacks the way some do, although you do go out of your way to poke fun at our coach and AD sometimes IMO. As long as criticism is focused on actions I don't have a problem as I said above.

My biggest gripe is with those who have already given up and manage to get that into every post they make on any subject. I won't get into naming them because it's pointless, but you, and they, know who they are.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
BOO
BOO

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
BOO
BOO

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOR: Since you used me as your focus ... you haven't been on this board long enough ... I have used the ENTIRE SEASON to post why I don't like Gailey in many discussions here. I posted all through the season what I thought I was seeing. It didn't take Duke, Ugag and Fresno for me to make a decision on what I believe was a bad hire.

And, there are many, many more fans who are not sold on him and may never be. Time will ultimately be his doing or undoing.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MSTA, your opinion means little to me as I think you can be a complete dumb ass on more than one issue.
You have no leg to stand on MSTA. You stated on this board on MORE than one occassion that the last 3 games were "MORE than enough evidence". And that in your (professional sic) opinion you saw all you needed to see the "last 3 games of the season". There's NO WAY IN HELL anyone especially not a Tech fan of 20 plus years who sits in the stands and watches games (NEver coached nor played) to tell me or anyone else that "they've seen enough" and they know Gailey is a bad coach. What are your credentials again?

Oh yeah, that's right.. you're just another bleacher beacher with an opinion. Shut up already, we've heard you a 1000 times over.

Jerry, I think most of us agree with you about Bradley. He probably had to go home and take a pill after VT and Miami were added to the ACC.

Father Time

Originally posted by Jerry the Jacket:
Mark Bradley is salivating like a mad dog waiting to pounce on a 3 year old child. His greatest joy would be to see Tech and the ACC diminished in any way possible.

He is a helpless SEC homer who has a well documented agenda for glorifying UGAG and all things SEC. The expansion of the ACC and the rise in prominence of the ACC to a status of the best football conference in America will give Bradley a huge ulcer. I look for him to jump from some tall building in Atlanta in a couple of years, figuring life is over as a result of the SEC being inferior to the ACC in football. I for one look forward to it!

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Jerry, I completely agree with you here with the exception of one thing....
I remember at the beginning of college basketball season about 8 years ago, Bradley did an editorial about his beloved Wild Cats and everything about UK basketball is great and awesome. I remember Shultz a week later put a comment in his column in response to Bradley, something to the attune of: "This is GA idiot, who cares." He basically summed up what we were all thinking. Bradley has always had TWO major problems since he's been a writer for the AJC. He really doesn't understand his target market, and 2) He has major distaste for ALL things Georgia. He will bad mouth the Braves, Falcons, GT, UGA, Hawks, Thrashers etc. and he gets off on it. He would just assume get the Bulldawg nation mad at him as opposed to the GT fan base. I remember when the Donnan thing went down, Bradley bad mouthed EVERYTHING UGA.He's a pathetic little man who thinks most people give a öööö about what he says.

What he really doesn't get is the only people read him nowadays, only read him for the same reasons we used to read Terrance Moore. Because we want to hear the next stupid ass öööö that comes out of his mouth.

Bradley would be better suited writing for the local Lexington paper than a major city.

BOR: It's obvious you don't hold any water with me either! Your tirades and bullying are just that with NO SUBSTANCE - I taught my kids years ago to get out of that mode, looks like you never made it! I could give a flip what you think of me.

If you are indeed a GT person/fan, I'm sorry - I thought GT fans were above the crap you spew to others that post here! Some just never learn! I can respect you as a Chan person, but I don't respect you coming here with your namecalling crap!

Back