Brandon Adams

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
Really embarrassed over Key's tweet. It makes it look like GT puts football over people. I hope something will be done to keep it from happening again.

A true Tech fan will reprimand those among us who do things that don't comport with our values.
Huh? This is a reach. A lotta hyper analysis going on now.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
Key’s tweet is hard to defend. I just wish we lived in a world where it wasn’t overscrutinized until he comes out and begs for forgiveness from aggrieved websites who really care less for Adams’ family than Key.

bonham

Dodd-Like
Article reads just fine and GT comes off fine imho.
I hope so. The last thing we need is opposing schools using this against us with recruits. Basically saying we don't care about our athletes.

We were on a roll. Could have done without the bad PR.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
AlabamaBuzz and Yukonwreck, I am so sorry you have experienced the loss of a child. In a forty year career in ministry my experience has been there is no loss so devastating as the loss of a child. Indeed, well meaning people can say things meant to encourage that are terribly hard to hear. Preparing words for a funeral for a child, teen or very young adult is a daunting task. In forty years I have presided over twenty-three funerals for persons ranging in age from infants to college students. Each one has has deeply affected me. I certainly feel great sympathy for Brandon’s family and for any and everyone who loses a beloved child.
As someone who lost a younger sister 40 years ago, I've made it a point to say nothing more than "I'm sorry" to those that have unfortunately lost a loved one. I don't consider my lack of expression as being rude or uncaring, but just respectful. People generally mean well, and are trying to be empathetic, but in reality sometimes just don't know what the right thing to say or do is at that particular moment in time.

As for those that have assumed the position of "Stingtalk Thought Patrol Squad", you probably get a kick out of condemning anyone that you consider stepping outside your defined idea of what is good death etiquette and what is not. Give it a break. You don't honestly think that CBK purposefully wanted to come off as being a non-empathetic (FILL IN THE BLANK) do you? If so, I suggest you take it up with him personally rather than debating it as a fly by mission on ST.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Key’s tweet is hard to defend. I just wish we lived in a world where it wasn’t overscrutinized until he comes out and begs for forgiveness from aggrieved websites who really care less for Adams’ family than Key.
Any apology should be to the family and team. Public apologies only call more attention. If this is allowed to blow over, it will, and it should.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Some have a hatred greater for the new staff than a love for Brandon and his family and friends.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Set the Key thing aside, guys. If the family has any issue with what was said, let them handle it with coach. We have good, compassionate people on staff and they will take care of everyone who is in the family however they can. Key has retracted it, and it's not doing any good for Brandon, his family, or for Tech to have us keep poking at the thing.

This official statement brought to you by MGMT.

theStingT

Varsity Lurker
As someone who lost a younger sister 40 years ago, I've made it a point to say nothing more than "I'm sorry" to those that have unfortunately lost a loved one. I don't consider my lack of expression as being rude or uncaring, but just respectful. People generally mean well, and are trying to be empathetic, but in reality sometimes just don't know what the right thing to say or do is at that particular moment in time.

As for those that have assumed the position of "Stingtalk Thought Patrol Squad", you probably get a kick out of condemning anyone that you consider stepping outside your defined idea of what is good death etiquette and what is not. Give it a break. You don't honestly think that CBK purposefully wanted to come off as being a non-empathetic (FILL IN THE BLANK) do you? If so, I suggest you take it up with him personally rather than debating it as a fly by mission on ST.
I lost two brothers growing up. You are so right. It is a very difficult thing for people to react to.