Breaking news

"Theft by giving" is what happens when a U[sic]GA football player meets a virgin at a frat party.

Supposedly Richt brought in a new coach this summer to install a couple of different types of stealing. I hoped we'd get a glimpse of it today, but apparently they're not breaking it out just yet.

They were trying to teach their team how to steal back fumbles like Joshua Nesbitt. It's a rare art that drives people to madness while trying to learn it, and in their madness UGA has succumbed to criminal activity.

Geeze, the state of Georgia needs to assign a permanent Assistant DA for the UGAg football program.

Why would he steal a helmet? Isn't he ON the football team.

It happened in the "Athletic Learning Center"..........didn't know there was such a thing in Athens. Also, maybe it was a motorcycle/scooter helmet?

There's also theft by receiving, I believe.

Yes. I missed that one. An actual lawyer can chime in, but in my non-legal understanding:

- Theft by taking is when you obtain an item against the will of the owner (e.g. go into store and steal $35 helmet)

- Theft by deception is when you obtain an item through deception that otherwise wouldn't have been given to you (e.g. you tell someone you're the valet and they hand you their car keys)

- Theft by receiving is when you knowingly receive stolen goods for another (e.g. a pawnbroker purchasing an item that he knows is stolen)

- Theft by conversion is when you obtain an item legally but then without approval convert it to your sole use (e.g. you borrow a car then do not return it)

- Theft by concealment is when you profit from concealing the property of another (e.g. you manage your elderly father's assets and hide the fact that he has certain stocks or bonds so that you can inherit them when he dies)

I hope it is a helmet for his scooter... Please be a scooter helmet.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/09/03/no-excuses-georgias-arrests-fall-on-mark-richt/

I’ve had it with apologists. They live among the fan base (who claim police are just out to get athletes). They live among the coaching fraternity (because to blame another coach sets themselves up for higher standards). They live among the media (some of whom are too afraid of burning bridges with the program and not having the coach smile at them any more).

Bottom line: This falls on Mark Richt. It’s his program. It’s his responsibility. It’s on his watch.

UGA fans calling for an investigation into the Athens PD....lmao.

Someone needs to investigate the Athens PD on this type of stuff.
It is no question our players are under a microscrope but seems like they are being shadowed every day.

They are saying he has been accused of theft. So is there some real evidence? Is the Athens PD overreacting. I can't understand how UGA players are under such a microscope, and we recruit players from the same areas, but none of the other programs have this my problems?

gotta love the uga police. i wouldve told the kid tough luck and went back to my stake out looking for football players on scooters

Perole Officer Richt is reaping what he sowed in recruiting. The only difference between him and Bobby Bowden is that Bowden was smart enough (and around long enough) to get the police force in Tallahassee on his side.

University of Georgia Police took out a warrant Thursday for the arrest of Georgia football player Alec Ogletree on a misdemeanor charge of theft by taking.
UGA Police Chief Jimmy Williamson told the AJC that the warrant stems from a June 15 incident in which a motorcycle scooter helmet, valued at $35, was taken from the Rankin Smith Center on campus.
The helmet was in Ogletree’s possession when he was interviewed by police Thursday, Williamson said.
The warrant was approved by an Athens-Clarke County magistrate judge Thursday, and Williamson said it’s his understanding that Ogletree will turn himself in at the Clarke County Jail by noon today.
Williamson said it was the victim’s choice in the case whether to press charges.
“I was asked . . . ‘what’s the big deal about a $35 helmet?’” Williamson said. “Police don’t make those judgment calls. If you have something taken from you and you have it reported stolen, you have the option of prosecuting or not. . . . We have a victim, and the victim decides what to do.”
Williamson would not name the victim, who is identified in the police log as a male student.
Ogletree is the ninth Georgia football player to be arrested this year.
**** me running. It was a damned scooter helmet. Fantastic!

I think he stole the stupid helmet
70s130.jpg

Back