Brent Key midseason poll... are you happy?

Are you happy with Brent Key at the midpoint of his first season?

• Hell yeah he's the man

Votes: 48 18.7%
  • Hell no, he sucks

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • I'm waiting until the end of the year before I vote

Votes: 156 60.7%
  • I miss Paul Johnson

Votes: 38 14.8%
  • I miss Geoff Collins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I miss Vad Lee

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
I'm sure this poll is greatly biased after a big win so let me remind everyone that we lost to Bowling Green the week before.

Need a couple more options. I'd suggest:

a. I see things going the right direction and in time feel like we should be good.
b. I'm Ok for now, but we gotta knock off the losses to lower-level programs.

Agreed. I went with "waiting until the end of the year to vote" since that seems closest. 3-3 is okay for now. Basically lost one we clearly should have won and won one we clearly should have lost. Also lost what I'd call a toss-up. 6-6 is my target for approval. The easiest path would be beating BC, UVA, Syracuse.

3-3 is where we should be for a good coach. It’s not dynamite, but it is solid.

The way we got to 3-3 is both hopeful and concerning. The BG loss was horrible. And that is compounded by the loss to an awful UVa team last year. Beating Miami was great. And honestly, being in the game with them on the road was encouraging. We have been in the game in the 4th quarter with 3 top 25 teams. Yes, we want wins but the first step is being competitive.

We should have two absolute layups. And we should be able to go 1-1 against the unranked teams. UNC isn’t out of our range either. Going 3-2 against that group should be expected.

uga is almost certainly a loss. But we should play them tough regardless.

I think he’s a cool dude and I’m glad he’s our coach. I also think we could’ve gotten a guy with a higher floor but possibly a lower ceiling. I am hoping he becomes our (non-hazing) version of Pat Fitzgerald.

I would’ve been happy with a lot of different choices because my main goal was to hire someone who no longer embarrassed GT football.

3-3 is where we should be for a good coach. It’s not dynamite, but it is solid.

The way we got to 3-3 is both hopeful and concerning. The BG loss was horrible. And that is compounded by the loss to an awful UVa team last year. Beating Miami was great. And honestly, being in the game with them on the road was encouraging. We have been in the game in the 4th quarter with 3 top 25 teams. Yes, we want wins but the first step is being competitive.

We should have two absolute layups. And we should be able to go 1-1 against the unranked teams. UNC isn’t out of our range either. Going 3-2 against that group should be expected.

uga is almost certainly a loss. But we should play them tough regardless.
Key playing 4d chess only lost to bowling green to hurt uga sos especially when we beat them

Waiting to see what happens. The test will be taking care of the teams we should beat (BC, UVA and possibly Syracuse) and seeing how competitive we are against UNC, Clemson and UGA. Also waiting see how the recruiting class shapes up and if we get stronger or weaker via the portal.

4-2 is where we should be ! The Louisville collapse was avoidable.
Key is a likable guy who loves GT and is easy to root for.
I expect to go bowling this year.
Go Jackets!
I consider Louisville and Miami a wash. We should be 4-2 with a win over BG.

Key's heart is 100%. You got to like the dude. I remember when he played. He was White and Gold all the way. The move to shift Thacker to me was nuanced. Decisive without being dismissive. Thacker's a good guy he's just not ready for that level of responsibility. Sherrer will be better at least for the rest of the year and then I think Key should hire a new man. I would imagine JBatt would be on board with that as well. But as much as we don't want to admit after the misery of the Goof saga we are in a rebuild. Key deserves his time to recruit and get his players and formulate his team and the way he wants things to go. It may take a couple of years. Hang on, fellas (and gals) I see aeroplanes and lightning.

Overall, I am very happy with CBK. I think he is moving us in the right direction. We're not there, yet, but I believe he is moving us along to becoming a competitive, disciplined FB team. I think, too, that given enough time, we may even have a few great years. 6-6 or better, with a bowl game, and an overall winning record (7-6 or better) is my HOPE for this year. I will be disappointed with less, but not discouraged.

Right now I’m not happy, but I’m not pissed off yet. I think the change at DC was good, but now we have to make a change at OC. If we can improve then, I think I’ll be happy. But I’m really never happy.

I'm sure this poll is greatly biased after a big win so let me remind everyone that we lost to Bowling Green the week before.

I am sure that Brent Key is a good man who loves Tech. He is definitely a lot more like how I want a Tech coach to be than Coach Collins was. If we held the lead against Louisville and beat Bowling Green, we could be 5-1. If we didn't get the football miracle of the century, we could be 2-4. I'm still right where I was at the first of the season. To me, 6-6 or better would be significant progress and be encouraging, but 5-7 or worse would feel like more of the same and be discouraging. I hope we get to six wins and play good in the games we lose. Go Jackets!

Right now I’m not happy, but I’m not pissed off yet. I think the change at DC was good, but now we have to make a change in offensive scheme. If we can improve then, I think I’ll be happy. But I’m really never happy.
Fixed it for you.

This vanilla, pistol, RPO offense is boring!! Almost Everybody runs it and knows how to defend it. Only superior athletes or defensive stupidity makes much of a difference in predicted outcome. Not suggesting we go back to the 3O, but I would love for us to go to a multiple, Ralf Friedgen/Joe Hamilton style offense, which incorporated some option elements.

Back