Brent Key midseason poll... are you happy?

Are you happy with Brent Key at the midpoint of his first season?

• Hell yeah he's the man

Votes: 48 18.7%
  • Hell no, he sucks

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • I'm waiting until the end of the year before I vote

Votes: 156 60.7%
  • I miss Paul Johnson

Votes: 38 14.8%
  • I miss Geoff Collins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I miss Vad Lee

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
Yes, of course. I ran around my house cheering.

What I'm pissed off about is that with 5 turnovers you should be beating the absolute brakes off a conference opponent. We should've demolished Wake Forest, not even close, but instead we let them hang around and then got big headed. öööö that.
I agree that we aren’t as good as we might think we are but I think we aren’t as bad as you think we are.

I don’t think Key’s point was to celebrate as though we are world champs but rather emphasize that if you put yourself in a position to do the right thing, and you give your 100% effort every play for 60 minutes, good things can happen. That was my takeaway. He wanted the team to realize they had a huge role in what occurred. Not a minor role. Your message to the team would be very doom and gloom. His message was optimistic and uplifting. I think for a team coming off multiple 3-win seasons and having just had an EMBARASSING loss the positive message was justified to boost morale going into a bye. They will hopefully come out fired up, focused, and disciplined for Bc and demolish them.

On an extra note:
We really should’ve beaten Louisville. They got pretty lucky with our bad TO in the red zone. We could be as easily 3-0 in conference as 1-2 in my mind. And we did destroy Wake Forest. The officials aided them immensely if you want to recall that game appropriately.

Yes, of course. I ran around my house cheering.

What I'm pissed off about is that with 5 turnovers you should be beating the absolute brakes off a conference opponent. We should've demolished Wake Forest, not even close, but instead we let them hang around and then got big headed. öööö that.
I'll take that and go my way. We think differently about things.

I agree that we aren’t as good as we might think we are but I think we aren’t as bad as you think we are.

I don’t think Key’s point was to celebrate as though we are world champs but rather emphasize that if you put yourself in a position to do the right thing, and you give your 100% effort every play for 60 minutes, good things can happen. That was my takeaway. He wanted the team to realize they had a huge role in what occurred. Not a minor role. Your message to the team would be very doom and gloom. His message was optimistic and uplifting. I think for a team coming off multiple 3-win seasons and having just had an EMBARASSING loss the positive message was justified to boost morale going into a bye. They will hopefully come out fired up, focused, and disciplined for Bc and demolish them.

On an extra note:
We really should’ve beaten Louisville. They got pretty lucky with our bad TO in the red zone. We could be as easily 3-0 in conference as 1-2 in my mind. And we did destroy Wake Forest. The officials aided them immensely if you want to recall that game appropriately.
Yes. It's called learning how to win, and it's the difference between good teams and great teams. Great teams win games like that fairly often, especially against teams that are a little better than they are. CPJ's 2014 team won a couple that way. The VPI, GASOU, and UGAg games from that year stand out. It's good that they are learning how to do this, but they do need to avoid the letdown on the backside. That's what losers do.

Back