Brent Key midseason poll... are you happy?

Are you happy with Brent Key at the midpoint of his first season?

• Hell yeah he's the man

Votes: 48 18.7%
  • Hell no, he sucks

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • I'm waiting until the end of the year before I vote

Votes: 156 60.7%
  • I miss Paul Johnson

Votes: 38 14.8%
  • I miss Geoff Collins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I miss Vad Lee

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
3-3 is what I expected, just not who I expected to be the 3rd win. This was / is a 5-7 win team. 6-6 is a legit opportunity, but there isn’t much room for error.

2024 should be the year the program takes the next step (tougher schedule or not) based on the current recruiting class + key Portal additions hopefully along both LOS’s and at RB, TE. Just need a couple impact players on O for the offense to take off. The WR position is in very good shape going forward.

I can't wait for a 6-6 finish and the subsequent arguments:

Rationalizing that the team looks better. Or worse.
Crying that Key is just a .500 coach.
Pleading to give him more time given what he started with.
Praying the recruiting class lands.
But we won the bowl game - we are on the right track; But we lost the bowl game, still suck.

:popcorn:

I can't wait for a 6-6 finish and the subsequent arguments:

Rationalizing that the team looks better. Or worse.
Crying that Key is just a .500 coach.
Pleading to give him more time given what he started with.
Praying the recruiting class lands.
But we won the bowl game - we are on the right track; But we lost the bowl game, still suck.

:popcorn:
At 6-6 we haven’t won or lost a bowl game.

I was happy until the BG loss. Now I am "wait and see". Not even the lucky Miami win changed that.

He's definitely better than the Clown but that's not saying much.

I was happy until the BG loss. Now I am "wait and see". Not even the lucky Miami win changed that.

He's definitely better than the Clown but that's not saying much.
I don't know that one can call the Miami win "lucky." Mario pulled the move out of his rear, but that was stupid, not lucky. We forced the fumble on that play and then we forced the ball 75 yards downfield for the W. Nothing lucky in it, IMPO.

I don't know that one can call the Miami win "lucky." Mario pulled the move out of his rear, but that was stupid, not lucky. We forced the fumble on that play and then we forced the ball 75 yards downfield for the W. Nothing lucky in it, IMPO.
Right on!

Beat the mutts and everybody between then and now.

Ok, just beat the mutts. Then, key would have done a good job and I’m satisfied.

would like to see 15-0. But that only comes when the CFP is expanded.

Still not lucky. Give our guys credit. Luck is a random break in your favor. We made all those happen. No luck involved, IMPO.
The one turnover that everyone's talking about wasn't actually a turnover. So we certainly got lucky that the camera angles weren't very good. Glad we got the gift, but our coach going around celebrating after the fact isn't a good look when it was clearly a gift. Very clown like. @OlearyLookAlike

The one turnover that everyone's talking about wasn't actually a turnover. So we certainly got lucky that the camera angles weren't very good. Glad we got the gift, but our coach going around celebrating after the fact isn't a good look when it was clearly a gift. Very clown like. @OlearyLookAlike
So celebrating after a victory is clown like. What would you have him to do?

It’s odd how angry he is that we won the Miami game. But I had similar posts after the 2021 UNC game I think it was. They weren’t exactly as denigrating to the team and coaches, but they were also wtte: we aren’t nearly as good as we think we are.

Pump his fist once, then get on with business of preparing for the next game and not gloat about how great the team played in a game that, and this is very important, WE ööööING LOSE IF NOT FOR THE MOST BONEHEADED COACHING DECISION OF ALL TIME COMPOUNDED WITH A LUCKY BREAK ON LACK OF A CAMERA ANGLE.

It’s odd how angry he is that we won the Miami game. But I had similar posts after the 2021 UNC game I think it was. They weren’t exactly as denigrating to the team and coaches, but they were also wtte: we aren’t nearly as good as we think we are.
I'm happy we won. I'm angry that Key gloated about it repeatedly post game as if we'd won the ACCCG by solely our own merit rather than gotten lucky to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I'm happy we won. I'm angry that Key gloated about it repeatedly post game as if we'd won the ACCCG by solely our own merit rather than gotten lucky to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
I don’t think the fumble call was nearly as lucky as you suggest. It was a good play by a D that never quit leading to a borderline call that went our way. The O then took over and executed very well, putting the ball into the EZ for the W. The only part we agree on is Mario made a stupid call. Beyond that we took the opportunity and cashed in on. There’s lots to celebrate there if you want to be constructive.
1. The D never quit even though the game was lost.
2. The D made a great play to force a decisive TO.
3. The O never quit and came back in the field to salvage the game.
4. The O executed very well and won the game.
Those are all things that winners do, so it represents this team learning how to win. The next step is to do it again this Saturday.

You are very obviously not happy we won.
He is obviously not a happy person. He goes on a Georgia Tech board with Bobby Bowden and an obscenity on his avatar and expects us to pay attention to what he says. He may be the reincarnation of 1982Jacket.

Back