Brown and Ezzard

TiftonJacket97

Varsity Lurker
I looked and Brown has 7 catches and Ezzard has 6. I am personally surprised we have not run more designed plays to get the ball to these guys in space.

Not sure why we haven't run any or very few bubble screens to Brown with all of that speed.

Coming into the season I thought both of these guys in the slot could create match up issues. It seems Brown is running a lot of vertical routes and little underneath.

Its clear Simms feels comfortable with Camp and Carter and Gibbs out of the backfield. And Simms does not have very good touch on the deep ball at this point in his career. Brown thrived on the vertical balls last year. I think he has the one long catch which was a broken play in the Cuse game.

I would just like to see us give our fastest a few more designed touches and see what he can do.

Yep. Thought the exact same thing.

I have thought lately that we have another dimension to our offense that we haven't revealed yet.

I looked and Brown has 7 catches and Ezzard has 6. I am personally surprised we have not run more designed plays to get the ball to these guys in space.

Not sure why we haven't run any or very few bubble screens to Brown with all of that speed.

Coming into the season I thought both of these guys in the slot could create match up issues. It seems Brown is running a lot of vertical routes and little underneath.

Its clear Simms feels comfortable with Camp and Carter and Gibbs out of the backfield. And Simms does not have very good touch on the deep ball at this point in his career. Brown thrived on the vertical balls last year. I think he has the one long catch which was a broken play in the Cuse game.

I would just like to see us give our fastest a few more designed touches and see what he can do.

yep, I wonder why we don't run some 3 man bubble with Brown, then Camp 220 lb and Harris-220 to block--they learned blocking under PJ--duh!

Brown deep was our only hope to score last year. Now we try to march down the field and stay on schedule. We just weren’t going to string drives together last year. I’d love to see some shots to Brown on first down or 2nd and shorts.

Brown deep was our only hope to score last year. Now we try to march down the field and stay on schedule. We just weren’t going to string drives together last year. I’d love to see some shots to Brown on first down or 2nd and shorts.

Baseless speculation on my part, but I wonder if that fact about Brown from last year means he is seeing extra coverage attention this year.

Jordan Mason was pretty good running thr ball last year - even behind a makeshift OL
Going to Brown deep was our best hope for scoring. But not our only hope

Baseless speculation on my part, but I wonder if that fact about Brown from last year means he is seeing extra coverage attention this year.

I think we are seeing more pass coverage this year. The only thing we could reliably do last year was run behind Mason. That meant Brown was beating coverages that were one on no safeties over top. We are seeing less of that this year, plus we have some short routes open.

It’s unfortunate Sims hasn’t connected with the man who broke Calvin Johnson’s freshman TD record. He was wide open for a long bomb TD on Saturday in the 2nd quarter.

It’s unfortunate Sims hasn’t connected with the man who broke Calvin Johnson’s freshman TD record. He was wide open for a long bomb TD on Saturday in the 2nd quarter.

Need the left side of the line to give him consistency.

One of these days we are going to put it all together. One of these days...

Sims has missed brown on at least 3 wide open TD passes so far this season.

Graham allowed him to tie an all time TD record as a freshman and then he gets benched. Has to be a little frustrating for brown I bet

Brown is a smaller target than the others. Sims is a freshman. Screens and Bubble Screens take precision, something that freshman rarely have. I think it's frustrating but somewhat expected this year.
I did notice that we targeted Brown early against UL and it made a difference. Maybe try again but all QB's have favorite receivers they look for.

Need the left side of the line to give him consistency.

One of these days we are going to put it all together. One of these days...

the wiff Saturday had nothing to do with the OL

Sims has missed brown on at least 3 wide open TD passes so far this season.

Graham allowed him to tie an all time TD record as a freshman and then he gets benched. Has to be a little frustrating for brown I bet

Graham probably ain't all that excited about it either.

We have run a few bubble screens....with Brown blocking.

I think it was the Syracuse game when we ran a bubble screen to CARTER(6'3") with Brown blocking(maybe 5'9").

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Back