Buddy Geis to coach QB, Wilson to ST's

Re: Buddy Geis to coach QB, Wilson to ST\'s

NCJacket, you have a good point about the established OCs that are good head coaching candidates. We might only have them one year.

Frankly, this is the worry I have about Nix. I believe he will eventually become a head coach, but will probably be an OC first. I am afraid someone is going to take him as an OC, if we don't place him in that position now.

We could probably get two or three years out of him as an OC if we promote him now. I am not sure if his family still lives in the Atlanta area, but he is well acquainted with Atlanta.

Since his Dad was a coach, he was a good QB on a championship team, and has already proved to be a good head coach on the lower college level, he appears to have great potential. You never know when the next Spurrier is coming along.

If he was given the OC position, fared very well, and saw a chance for replacing Gailey in the future, it is possible he would stick around for awhile. Since his Dad was coach at Norhtside High School, he is somewhat at home.

Just another strong feeling of mine.

wink.gif

As several of us have said earlier, let's all hope that Coach Gailey get's the organization and staff he believes is best.

This next season should be 100% Chan Gailey's and here's
drinking.gif
wishing him the best success!

Ahso, Conrad Nix is the father of Patrick Nix and he is the head coach at Northside High School in Warner Robins, Ga. He always has good teams and I remember when Chan hired Patrick he made the remark about he had always been an Auburn man but he would have to give some good words for Tech now. He is appreciative of the opportunity that has been given to Patrick and I would think that Conrad is in a position to help us and would do so if the occasion arises. I was hoping Chan would hire an established OC but if we have to settle on an up and coming young coach I can't think of a better prospect than young Patrick. This kid has a pulse and it is evident on game day.
Oh by the way, the Macon Telegraph reported today about the hiring of Geis and they observed that it seemed that he had not coached in college or pro in the last two years. UGH.

Ahso, I would think that Nix is in line for OC depending on how things go the next few years. If Chan is able to get his offense going the way he wants, and if Nix is a key component (still not sure exactly what duties each coach will have) I would think the natural progression would be to give him the title and responsibility. Somehow can't see Geis in that role, but what do I know.

Back