Butker Represents GT Well

Justin Tucker is also a very devout Catholic. Don't think any of that came up in the AFC Championship game broadcast.

On the other hand (she had a wart, my old freshman science teacher used to say).
But no, on the other hand, Pressley Harvin is now out of a job. Steelers cut him yesterday.

My buddy used to wonder if Butker was going to be a good kicker in the pros after he missed a short one while at Tech. I assured him, he's going to be really good in the pros.
Somewhere, the word "butker" in a language has to translate to "money," right?

Justin Tucker is also a very devout Catholic. Don't think any of that came up in the AFC Championship game broadcast.

On the other hand (she had a wart, my old freshman science teacher used to say).
But no, on the other hand, Pressley Harvin is now out of a job. Steelers cut him yesterday.

My buddy used to wonder if Butker was going to be a good kicker in the pros after he missed a short one while at Tech. I assured him, he's going to be really good in the pros.
Somewhere, the word "butker" in a language has to translate to "money," right?

Hate it for Harvin, but not surprised. Hope he gets a camp invite somewhere. If not, he was on a roster for 3 years, so should get the pension.

Takes me back to the good ole days.

Just on Kimmel....

8HSZ9uyl.jpg

Not really sure how this tied in to anything. Other than they showed BC's kicker who's last name is Blewitt. But he made the kick.

Butker is an absolutely wonderful representative of the Institute.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Harrison is a devout Catholic, is active in the Knights of Columbus (a Catholic men's volunteer/service organization), and has donated a ton of money to the Georgia Tech Catholic Center. Effectively, the Church on campus would not exist if it wasn't for, first Bobby Cremins, and later Harrison Butker.

Here's a video all about it if you're interested:

Don’t forget Bobby Ross and George O’Leary. They were also big supporters of the GT Catholic Center. I wouldn’t say that the Church on campus would not exist if it weren’t for the GT athletic luminaries mentioned in your post. Father Mario did a yeoman’s job serving GT Catholic students and growing the Catholic Center. During my time as a Tech student from 1972 to 1978, the Catholic Center was located in a small house on Fifth Street. Daily Mass was said at the Catholic Center. Sunday Masses were celebrated at either the Student Center ballroom or theatre. The basement of the Presbyterian Center was the location for Sunday evening Mass. Surprisingly during my tenure at Tech, Catholics were the largest Christian group at Georgia Tech. Not sure about today with our post Christian society.

Back