Buttkicker with the probable game winner

Thought they should have swallowed the whistle. Mahomes gave an extra acting job on a bang bang play that wasn’t a particularly hard hit. Burrow got hit much later in the pocket on the previous drive and it was a no call. Along with the other bad calls that went against CIN, I can see why their fans are mad.

Technically correct call based on how soft the NFL is with QBs? yes. A fitting end to a great game to gift KC a win based on a flag, probably not.
I don't have to hit you hard to push you into traffic, onto the Marta rails, down a stairway.

I don't have to hit you hard to push you into traffic, onto the Marta rails, down a stairway.
Sure. But there is judgement to everything in referring. 10 plays earlier Frank Clark took 2-3 extra steps before pushing Burrow much harder in the pocket, nothing bang bang about it. The refs decided to not throw a flag there and let them play; then decided to throw a flag to decide the game when Mahomes got hit a step late as a runner down the sideline.
The calls and no calls both went in favor of the same team in the 4th quarter.

Sure. But there is judgement to everything in referring. 10 plays earlier Frank Clark took 2-3 extra steps before pushing Burrow much harder in the pocket, nothing bang bang about it. The refs decided to not throw a flag there and let them play; then decided to throw a flag to decide the game when Mahomes got hit a step late as a runner down the sideline.
The calls and no calls both went in favor of the same team in the 4th quarter.
The shove was more than a step out of bounds. He extended his arms into Mahones back after the initial hit. Go watch the replay.

The late hit on Ossai was 100% the right call. Mahomes had both feet out, had slowed to avoid players on the sideline, and his back to the defender. He had clearly gone out to stop the clock. Refs going to call that every time.

Glad Butker nailed the kick! That said, the NFL continues to look more and more rigged with favorable calls going to KC all game.
The officiating mirrored some of the stellar performances perpetrated by the ACC/SEC crews of late.
If I were a Cincy fan, I’d be livid.

The shove was more than a step out of bounds. He extended his arms into Mahones back after the initial hit. Go watch the replay.
I don’t disagree that it was late. My point is that they called one late QB hit in the last 2 minutes and not the other. Held the whistle once, then blew the whistle to decide the game.

Refs were not consistent throughout the 4th Q, and that inconsistency almost always benefitted KC.

I don’t disagree that it was late. My point is that they called one late QB hit in the last 2 minutes and not the other. Held the whistle once, then blew the whistle to decide the game.

Refs were not consistent throughout the 4th Q, and that inconsistency almost always benefitted KC.
You are venturing into 1982Jacket territory of the game being fixed.

The pass interference call against Cincy towards the end of the game. I thought that was the worst one of the day.

The refs were really inserting themselves into the spotlight in the 4th quarter…hate when that happens.

The pass interference call against Cincy towards the end of the game. I thought that was the worst one of the day.

The refs were really inserting themselves into the spotlight in the 4th quarter…hate when that happens.
Yeah the PI was bad, the "stopped play" was bad, the hit on Mahomes was always going to draw the flag. The refs made calls for them the entire game it felt like.

And that kick wasn't good from 60.

Are we forgetting the PI call against the Chiefs in the fourth that took away a turnover? It was the correct call there too. I'm thinking there's a lot of picking and choosing going on.

Are we forgetting the PI call against the Chiefs in the fourth that took away a turnover? It was the correct call there too. I'm thinking there's a lot of picking and choosing going on.
The refs were a big part of the game. So naturally there’s going to be a lot of talk about it.

I will say this: NFL officiating is light years ahead of college officiating (ACC in particular, has the worst).

The 15 yard penalty was textbook the correct call. The defender extended his arms and pushed Mahones when they were clearly out of bounds.
I just wanted Butker to kick the game winner from 60. I’m aware the call was textbook, but it’s bs

They have a badass kicker of butts.

Edit: I didn't watch the game because @Akinji07 cancelled his cable subscription. What did Ossai do?
No I didn’t. You didn’t ask if you can use it. But since you brought it up, why are you using my Comcast login when you make 3 times more than me?

No I didn’t. You didn’t ask if you can use it. But since you brought it up, why are you using my Comcast login when you make 3 times more than me?
You told me you were gonna cancel it. And you make more money than I do. I console myself by remembering I’m much better looking.

You told me you were gonna cancel it. And you make more money than I do. I console myself by remembering I’m much better looking.
No I’m the better looking one you’re the rich one. Get it right.

Yeah the PI was bad, the "stopped play" was bad, the hit on Mahomes was always going to draw the flag. The refs made calls for them the entire game it felt like.

And that kick wasn't good from 60.
He kicked it to make it. A longer kick, he kicks at a different angle and trajectory

For reference, his career long in the NFL is 62 yards (Per ESPN), which happened at home against Buffalo earlier this year.

Back