Campus is pretty dead

I'm gonna have to disagree here. It's good you support the team well so don't take offense, but the south fills up faster and stays later. Being in the North end zone, I don't think you really see how empty and sad the North end zone looks.

Upper north is a wasteland. That's not any students fault though.

Upper north is a wasteland. That's not any students fault though.

I sit up there, it's delightfully spacious (although that has more to do with the seats being deeper than other sections). Once you get past the first 10-15 rows though, the wasteland definitely starts.

This makes me furious. When I started school just a short 13 years ago (wow, I feel old) you picked up a ticket from the box office sometime during the week of the game by showing your BuzzCard. Then they moved to where you had to pick up your "coupon" for a ticket at the beginning of the season and then you redeem that coupon during the week. I don't know what they are doing now, but to me, a student should be able to attend the game one of two ways:

Let students pick up a season ticket package with hard tickets at the beginning of the semester OR EVEN BETTER just let every person who walks up and can show you a BuzzCard through the freaking gate! I don't even care if they are not the face on the BuzzCard... let them in.

And don't TSA scan them when they're coming in, either. If they're reasonably hiding their alcohol, then herd them through. Place a couple of campus police around to toss them out on the street if they act a fool or start a fight. Otherwise, leave them alone!
This. If the game isn't sold out give these "students' tickets in the upper north or SRO tickets.

We need to make it as easy as possible for ANY student to attend our games.

I say apply the Arthur Blank model...

Make student tickets free

Reduce the price of all tickets in the stadium

Make the nosebleeds $5

Generate a fan base over a few years and take it from there.

Round up homeless people and get them in the UN. They'll scare the crap out of the visiting fans.

Round up homeless people and get them in the UN. They'll scare the crap out of the visiting fans.

Or perhaps....

how-to-be-on-the-walking-dead.jpg

I go in the north entrance every time, hiding booze, and have had zero trouble or wait getting in. It's really easy for everyone to blame the fraternities, but I'd honestly say we're the ones who care most on campus, and most likely to travel. Take a look at the south end zone, that section is always a ghost town. The problems we face with attendance are terrible game times, not excitable opponents, and a relevant portion of the student body could care less about football.

Yea, i have to disagree as well. GTAA keeps bumping up penalities for blocks that have people show up late / don't show up because the lower north is a problem.

Back