Can anyone else see J Smith lining up @ tailback?

At the risk of rehashing an old debate, I also think it was ill advised for Tony to have gotten so many carries in the BYU game. While the lead was getting perilous there, Tony had already had to be helped to the sidelines and he just didn't need to be in the game at that point. A physical back can run 30-35 times a game maybe, but scat backs are vulnerable to injury especially with that much work. Hence my original opinion about J Smith.

NCJacket, my reaction as a Monday morning quarterback is that I would not have sent him back into the game.

However, when you are the coach and standing on the sidelines, the trainer has stated he is okay, the player says he is fine and is begging to get back into the game to break 200 yards, the situation changes a little.

Looking back, Gailey probably wishes he had not placed him back in the game. If it were you or I as the coach and Tony was begging to get back in the game, I think I would say no, but I am not sure. We all make quick decisions at times, that we would not do if we had more time to think it through.

I agree we should not blame this incident on anyone. It is something that just happened, and throwing blame around does not help anybody or any situation.

drinking.gif

BeeBad, what difference does it make if you played a sport? Does that prove you know more than the next person about that sport?

Some of the best coaches are the ones who sat on the bench and observed the game from the bench. Having athletic ability does not equate to being smart. If that is so, we would not have had ten people flunk out this quarter.

Theoretically, a person could read every book written on football, watch every game played on Television, talk to players and coaches, research the game intensively, and have more knowledge about the game than any person that has ever played the game.

Do you lack confidence and think you can gain it on this board by telling the board you have played a given sport. The first thing you must remember is the fact this is a sports board, and there are many posters who know quite a bit about the game.

So, there may be a few who will admit they played a given sport to enhance their ego, but it is not required that you have played a sport to be able to post on the board.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Back