Can't trust anything Collins says

We won’t lose on Saturday. Who knows how Northern Illinois was impacted by COVID. They’re usually a pretty good MAC team. KSU is not to their level in the slightest. Usually the team puts together a max focus/effort type game after one like this under Collins (another sign of his lack of mature leadership in my opinion)
Yeah. They remind me more of the Citadel.

Eh. I think Collins' social leanings are probably a net positive in dealing with today's players. I really don't think it's an issue of not being hard enough on anyone. Players' coaches can work if they can coach. That's what I am starting to question.
I honestly think it’s a combination of things. I do think lack of accountability is a major issue, but it doesn’t fully explain why experienced players appear to have no idea wtf to do all too frequently. Either our coaches don’t know enough to prepare them, or they’re too focused on other things to adequately teach them. Either way, it’s a big problem.

That being said, it’s game 1. I all but gave up on Josh Pastner this year after we lost to Mercer, and then he won the ACC.

Johnson was good at milking enough clock to not give up that many points
If by ‘milking the clock’ you mean getting first downs and scoring points then yes he is much better than Collins, and that prevented things like the worse loss in the history of the ACC.

That being said, it’s game 1. I all but gave up on Josh Pastner this year after we lost to Mercer, and then he won the ACC.
Some say ‘cause of Covid that don’t count.

I was in the same place with JP, but was impressed with the conference title. I always felt he was capable, but circumstances delayed his plan.

I don’t get that feeling with GC.

I honestly think it’s a combination of things. I do think lack of accountability is a major issue, but it doesn’t fully explain why experienced players appear to have no idea wtf to do all too frequently. Either our coaches don’t know enough to prepare them, or they’re too focused on other things to adequately teach them. Either way, it’s a big problem.

But it ain’t 1 game. Lost to Citadel, Duke, NIU, the only win Syracuse had last season, the worst loss to Clemson where they put a punter… a punter in at QB. Smacked around by UCF, which shows we have zero chance at playing any hurry up team. Collins can not, and will not learn how to coach.

We will never win the National Championship losing a game every year like Northern Illinois or Middle Tenessesee State or Jacksonville U. Come on man.

Back