Carol needs to go!!!--- nfm.

You keep hyping on the statements that you are so factual. Part of stating facts is framing them in full context, which you do not do.

Acknowledging the 51-7, as much as it pains you, gets to my main point, which you haven't seemed to identify as any more significant by the fact it was GEORGIA and the lopsided, lay-down nature of the way it went down. And with his own words he had been preparing since February, but for some unbeknown reason decided to give the team days off while Georgia prepared.

As for the 0-4 you keep mentioning, you seem to refrain from quoting the 3 in a row we won - as Paul Harvey would say the rest of the story.

We digress, because for some reason you are hung up on O'Leary, rather than sticking to the topic at hand, Mr. Chan Gailey.

You, nor any other FOC'er can lay out a reason of what is going on GOOD with this program. Some facts please?

Father Wasp, I have provided the facts. You want to ignore them. It does not pain me that Tech lost to UGA 51-7. I did not play in the game, so I am not embarrassed by it.

Now, the players in the 51-7 game can be embarrassed by it, because they are the ones who laid down during the game, not me. It is entirely possible the players laid down in the game because of a morale problem. There is a 50/50 chance the morale problem was caused by O'Brien.

The 0-4 that O'Leary had against UGA was without Friegden his new offensive coordinator. The rest of the story, as Paul Harver would say, is attributable to Friegdens brilliant expertise with the offense. O'Leary was only 3-1 with the new OC.

Now, you refuse to give Gailey the opportunity to go 3-1 against UGA with his new offensive coordinators. You are afraid he will succeed and it will make O'Brien and O'Leary's records look tarnished without Friegden.

It is you and the rest of the blood thirsty pack who is comparing Gailey against O'Leary. I just proved you wrong by providing the facts. You cannot face the facts.

So, go find me the facts about how well O'Leary did compared to Gailey in his first two and a third years against Gaileys only year. We will leave Friegden and those years completely out of the picture.

With Friegden completely out of the picture, O'Leary was 11-14 in his first 2 1/3 years with three losses to UGA and no bowl appearances. Gailey is 7-6 in his first year with one bowl appearance and one loss to UGA. Are these facts, or not, in comparing their first years on the job?

What is going on good with this program? We have upgraded the Offensive Coordinator's position, we have some good quarterbacks coming in for the Fall session. We are expanding the search for qualified athletes to alleviate the problems just encountered with the eight failures.

We have a coach who cares about the moral personna of the athletes. We appear to be on the verge of being a very good defensive team. We have been near last place in pass defense over the past number of years and will probably improve that tremendously this year.

We have some good athetes coming in from this past recruiting year who will probably help us a lot. We may have a great half back out of the mix. We just might have the best up and coming fullback in many years from last year's frosh group.

We have Auburn back on the schedule. We have the 7th toughest schedule in the nation this year, which will offer the fans some tremendous football at Grant Field. We have a good home field advantage this year.

Why, I see a lot of good things. All you see is Mac, O'Leary, and O'Brien gone and you can't get over it. Sorry, you will have to live with it, because none of them are coming back, BeeWare.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Back