CBK Postgame Presser

M39Buzz

Time flies like arrows. Fruit flies like bananas.
I watched KQ's YT of CBK's postgame presser. CBK mentioned CPJ twice and using option elements in the offense.

So, whoever it was that said CPJ must had had a talk with CBK, or given him some advice... I think you were correct! Sounded to me like he confirmed it.

Go Jackets!!

A couple of our bunched formations this past weekend looked very similar to a A/B back formation with the TEs in the backfield as blockers. Some of the running plays for King where he pulled the ball out of the RBs hands were right from CPJs playbook it seemed :)

lol, we've got a warehouse or two full of "money downs" to last a good long time. I agree, not everyone brings something "worthy" to the table.
Uh yeah... Let's skip over the Scooter The Clown parade! :facepalm:

Someone posted the video of King’s short TD run in another thread. It looked like a CPJ play less a B back. Guy in motion could have taken a rocket toss.

We ran a new (I think) pitch out to Haynes a couple of times on Saturday. The first time, Haynes talked to King right before the snap - I wonder if they changed the play at the line. It didn’t do much. The second time I think we got a few yards on it.

JRjr

Someone posted the video of King’s short TD run in another thread. It looked like a CPJ play less a B back. Guy in motion could have taken a rocket toss.
A couple of those shuttle passes to the man in motion on the outside were getting close to being rocket tosses, too! :):heelclick:

If I were CBK, I would definitely have CPJ as a consultant. That man can design a running play.

I've said on here many times before that just because we don't run the 3-O exclusively doesn't mean it doesn't offer some good situational plays. Maybe modified slightly.

Some of our swing passes are essentially speed pitch plays. Our blockers are getting ahead of it and knocking down the DB's. It is a read play.

Just goes to show the difference between CBK and Clown. Clown mocked the CPJ offense while CBK appreciates it.

The only thing I can't reconcile is how CBK could stand working alongside Clown for 3+ years...

Unlike Marco, he knew he was next man up and he knew it was gonna be sooner rather than later.

And there’s considerable value in learning from the buffoons on how NOT to do things.

Just goes to show the difference between CBK and Clown. Clown mocked the CPJ offense while CBK appreciates it.

The only thing I can't reconcile is how CBK could stand working alongside Clown for 3+ years...
The very first thing clown did in his very first spring game, very first play, was line up in the triple option then have the team motion to a shotgun set. Douchebag move, really.

The very first thing clown did in his very first spring game, very first play, was line up in the triple option then have the team motion to a shotgun set. Douchebag move, really.
Pretty sure a lot of the fans cheered.

I took that as just a symbolic passing of transition from one style to the next. I dunno, it didn’t seem offensive to me, any more than Key lining up in something that looked similar on CPJ night.

JRjr

If I were CBK, I would definitely have CPJ as a consultant. That man can design a running play.

I've said on here many times before that just because we don't run the 3-O exclusively doesn't mean it doesn't offer some good situational plays. Maybe modified slightly.

Some of our swing passes are essentially speed pitch plays. Our blockers are getting ahead of it and knocking down the DB's. It is a read play.
A rocket toss was money when we needed a couple of yards. No reason we couldn't sprinkle some concepts in.

I took that as just a symbolic passing of transition from one style to the next. I dunno, it didn’t seem offensive to me, any more than Key lining up in something that looked similar on CPJ night.

JRjr
Except that we actually ran the play out of that formation, did we not?

Back