CFP Rankings Thread

FSU = undefeated with a higher SOS than Oregon or TCU --that's whacked.

GT is getting gipped out of knocking off a #1 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who would have thought at the beginning of the year with Oklahoma State, Clemson, Louisville, Notre Dame, Miami, and Florida on their schedule, Georgia Tech is FSU's most quality opponent.

2 takeaways I got:

Winner of Oregon/Arizona is in

If Mizzou beats Alabama they have no shot of being in and if Alabama loses they are out of the top 4.

Baylor is screwed

Baylor is not screwed and for some reason the committee loves 9 conference games. It doesn't matter if your conference has no top 25 OOC wins. Just play 9 conference games and you're a great conference. öööö the big 12. öööö the PAC XII.

öööö overcompensating for east coast bias.

How is Kansas St higher than us? I know they have better losses, but their best win is OU (by one on the road). Their next best win is by 6 @WVU. No way their resume is better than ours.

2 takeaways I got:

Winner of Oregon/Arizona is in

If Mizzou beats Alabama they have no shot of being in and if Alabama loses they are out of the top 4.

Baylor is screwed

No they will not. Bet your ass they will be no lower than 4th

How much of a threat do Kansas State or Baylor pose? I'm afraid they would go over us even if we beat FSU. Not sure we would jump them...

What is the formula for the SOS ranking? Is it just total W-L. Marshall does alright on total W-L if that's what their using because of their opponents' opponents.

What's this dumb öööö committee chair saying this week, I'm at a bar and there's no CC.

Baylor is not screwed and for some reason the committee loves 9 conference games. It doesn't matter if your conference has no top 25 OOC wins. Just play 9 conference games and you're a great conference. öööö the big 12. öööö the PAC XII.

öööö overcompensating for east coast bias.

I guess if total chaos happens Baylor could get in but they are not passing TCU. Period. If Alabama, Ohio State, FSU, all lose then I guess we might get 2 Big XII teams in. As of right now they are 3 spots behind a team they beat on the field with a similar resume. That is not a good thing with 1 week to go.

How much of a threat do Kansas State or Baylor pose? I'm afraid they would go over us even if we beat FSU. Not sure we would jump them...

A big one. This basically keeps us out unless Iowa state beats TCU.

The only thing is it would be two Big 12 teams. The committee may feel compelled to choose either the ACC or Big 10 champion instead. It helps a lot if Kansas State wins.

I guess if total chaos happens Baylor could get in but they are not passing TCU. Period. If Alabama, Ohio State, FSU, all lose then I guess we might get 2 Big XII teams in. As of right now they are 3 spots behind a team they beat on the field with a similar resume. That is not a good thing with 1 week to go.

THey get to play the #7 team this weekend though.

Mizzou @ 16. They have no chance. Tech pretty much doesn't either.

How does the committee drop an undefeated FSU squad whose conference just went 4-0 over the SEC?

How is Kansas St higher than us? I know they have better losses, but their best win is OU (by one on the road). Their next best win is by 6 @WVU. No way their resume is better than ours.

Losing to two unrated teams hurts a lot.

No way we make the playoff. Not with how little respect FSU is getting. If we even want consideration, we need to DESTROY them

They are doing this on purpose. The idea is that they are trying to motivate FSU to want the playoffs because the committee isn't going to take GT under any circumstances and they don't want the predicament of having to deny the ACC a team. FSU wins they are in the playoffs. GT wins and they can say "well FSU was garbage anyway."

Back