CGC has the band on board

Just as long as we don't have to hear "Baby Shark."
They ought to use that s--- in Guantanamo. That'll make those a--holes talk.

Did anything of note ever get leaked out about the lunch some band guys (it was band people, no?) had with PJ last year?

as long as they don't play that godawful Mo Bamba crap.
OR any other ööööty hip-hop, which is the worst form of "music" out there.

Personal hell story: back when FSU plays VT for the ACCC in Charlotte (2010, I believe) I had an FSU buddy call me and ask if I wanted to go with him. Sweetwater sponsored a bus from Atlanta to Charlotte. Bus leaves at 7am from Atlanta. Beer provided. On the bus, they decide, at 7am, to blast FSU marching Chiefs (or whatever they call them) through the crummy bus speakers for about the first two hours of the trip. Apparently, FSU fans think their band is the greatest marching band on the planet so you have to listen to them AND ENJOY IT at full volume through tiny bus speakers right above your head. I regretted not having my earbuds the very moment the band music started when we hit I85.
We got a brief intermission from the band music, but the beer kept flowing. Let me tell you about beer and a charter bus. See, there is a tiny bathroom on a bus. It makes the bathroom on an airplane look like a bathroom at the Four Seasons. This tiny bathroom now has 50 or so people heading in to now take their pisses and a few dumps so it is rank...like going into a piss and öööö sprayed tiny closet. The smell of beer and urine is wafting through the bus. Being a GT fan. I just want to get to Charlotte. I hate this. I pray for FSU to lose so I don't have to ride a 6 hour celebration bus home.
God answered my prayer. VT beats FSU. Good. Back to the bus. However, unlike many of the dumbass beered up FSU fans that got off the bus, I actually took stock of where the bus was parked. Most of those dumbasses we had to wait on as they wandered aimlessly post game like typical FSU retarts attempting to find their ride home.
Finally, about 2 hours post game, the bus is loaded and departs. God blesses me with a subdued FSU fanbase. It is whisper quiet on our urine smelling, crap shuttle to Atlanta.
We arrive in Atlanta around 9am, about 28 hours after I first got up to go meet my FSU buddy. I say my goodbyes, silently vow to never, ever, ever, ever take a charter bus like this again. Head home. Shower the stink off of myself. Collapse and pass out until the next morning.
Never take the charter. I had considered calling a car rental place when we arrived in Charlotte and just seeing if it was close enough to the stadium to rent the car, leave it parked at the rental place during the game, beeline for it after the game to go home.
I hate band music unless it is one of the historically black university bands or if it is UWTW&G or RAMBLIN' WRECK
d748d4018cb471d357409c9306477a336645cce5cfa2bf861895546983b07703.jpg

Our director of athletic bands is top notch and way too good for a school with no true music major. He’s also the director of Spirit of Atlanta.

The only thing I wish he would change is play more full songs at halftime rather than a jumble of so many things like it has been the past few years. Back when I marched, the shows he composed were excellent. They try to put too many references in each tune now and the music gets lost in my opinion.

That said, Tech is lucky to have Chris and the band would suffer greatly if he were to leave.
It started with Bucky. Before him the band sucked.

No doubt. But Bucky has been retired for quite a while and Chris would be a huge loss.
I played trambone in the band for one year before I realized the prettiest girls were cheerleaders, So I did that instead. The directors name was Ken something. Not a bad guy, but definitely in the twilight of his career.

Am I senile or do I remember back in the 70s the band having a new program for each home game. Really get tired of hearing the same halftime show every game of the year.

And it was great yet for some reason we still play it 6+ times a game ten years later.
Put on has been the Defense's "theme" since the 2009 season. It's usually only played on possession changes or when we need a big stop. The band has since added some other rap song that I can't remember as a "theme" for the Defense.

Am I senile or do I remember back in the 70s the band having a new program for each home game. Really get tired of hearing the same halftime show every game of the year.
In the 70s, they probably stood in like 2 sets and played new songs each week. Modern marching band shows have the band moving through 30+ sets during halftime while playing.

They would practice their marching around several times a week but probably much less than present. Also, there were a lot less of them. But still no excuse for playing the same program every single game. There was even a male featured twirler when I was there.

Back