CGC is a marketing genius

Who is the Dbag on UNC's staff trying to be CGC??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

N3L7MIks_400x400.jpg

Just some douche getting the Shocker wrong.

Game impacting offensive stats, adjusted for garbage time and FCS opponents:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feioff

We had a top 15 offense last year. Obviously if that performance slips without improving the other two parts of the game it's going to be a long season.

This. Some people who hated the option b/c it often broke down against elite defenses (and less often against mediocre ones) are in for a real smack of reality when they see a shotgun RPO offense do the exact same thing against those same defenses. Without being able to pick up 4th and 2s when we need it.

But it will be refreshing (presumably) to see a half-decent defense on the field. Although it might not be as apparent at first glance with the extra possessions they’ll be facing.

This. Some people who hated the option b/c it often broke down against elite defenses (and less often against mediocre ones) are in for a real smack of reality when they see a shotgun RPO offense do the exact same thing against those same defenses. Without being able to pick up 4th and 2s when we need it.

But it will be refreshing (presumably) to see a half-decent defense on the field. Although it might not be as apparent at first glance with the extra possessions they’ll be facing.
Im on the same page as you.

I'll also point out that last year's offense went up against three teams with Top 15 FEI defenses. (#1 Clemson, #6 Miami, #11 Georgia).

With that said, USF was the #92 offense. "Hot garbage" is a fair descriptor of our defense...

I'm really not familiar with Temple's offensive personnel and Coach Patenaude's performance, but I don't see how anyone can argue that the pieces for a great offense aren't there. Obviously expectations should be temepered, but I think the "system transition" is overblown and that a good offensive coach could come in and turn in a very good offensive performance this year.

I'll also point out that last year's offense went up against three teams with Top 15 FEI defenses. (#1 Clemson, #6 Miami, #11 Georgia).

With that said, USF was the #92 offense. "Hot garbage" is a fair descriptor of our defense...

I'm really not familiar with Temple's offensive personnel and Coach Patenaude's performance, but I don't see how anyone can argue that the pieces for a great offense aren't there. Obviously expectations should be temepered, but I think the "system transition" is overblown and that a good offensive coach could come in and turn in a very good offensive performance this year.

I think our 2019 offense will depend largely on the questionable offensive line. The other position groups all seem pretty solid. That being said, I think Brent Key is a fantastic O-Line coach and will get the most out that he can.

Back