CGC is a marketing genius

Discussion in 'Football' started by thwg, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Techbert

Techbert Dodd-Like

Just some douche getting the Shocker wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gtrower

gtrower Dodd-Like

Loc:
    DC
    Team:
    GT
    This. Some people who hated the option b/c it often broke down against elite defenses (and less often against mediocre ones) are in for a real smack of reality when they see a shotgun RPO offense do the exact same thing against those same defenses. Without being able to pick up 4th and 2s when we need it.

But it will be refreshing (presumably) to see a half-decent defense on the field. Although it might not be as apparent at first glance with the extra possessions they’ll be facing.

3. GTCrew

GTCrew Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    Im on the same page as you.

4. EffinDane

EffinDane Dodd-Like

Loc:
    BDS@HGF
    Team:
    GT
    I'll also point out that last year's offense went up against three teams with Top 15 FEI defenses. (#1 Clemson, #6 Miami, #11 Georgia).

With that said, USF was the #92 offense. "Hot garbage" is a fair descriptor of our defense...

I'm really not familiar with Temple's offensive personnel and Coach Patenaude's performance, but I don't see how anyone can argue that the pieces for a great offense aren't there. Obviously expectations should be temepered, but I think the "system transition" is overblown and that a good offensive coach could come in and turn in a very good offensive performance this year.

5. Diseqc

Diseqc Dodd-Like

Loc:
    :bigcry:
    That’s an awkward hug

6. ComputerNut62

ComputerNut62 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Team:
    GT
    I think our 2019 offense will depend largely on the questionable offensive line. The other position groups all seem pretty solid. That being said, I think Brent Key is a fantastic O-Line coach and will get the most out that he can.

7. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech

• Like Like x 2