CGC naysayers check in

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Good growth shown by the coaching staff really good to see. Ball security and penalties reduced, also made the tough call at kicker.

Collins wants to be great.

GTce93

Varsity Lurker
Was great to see us blow by that 28 point barrier!! Couldn't get to 400 yds of offense last year- and we've cracked it every game this year. Now we eclipse the 30 point threshold. We're improving- can definitely see the pieces coming together. Fun to watch.

GO JACKETS

moochie

Varsity Lurker
And GTFO!!!!!!

raw (1).gif
great win and headed the right direction. hats off to entire team and coaching staff. that said, i still worry about our 4th quarter decisions and ability to make decisions as the game winds down. down 27-26 we go 40+ yards + penalty to five. then can't get a play off without calling a time out, again. that will haunt us someday. same as syracuse game in critical spots after big gains. these big gains in crucial situations along w/the excitement seems to disorganize our ability to get the substitution pkg in correctly and get the call off. it costs you momentum. we get stuffed the next two running plays out of that time out, btw. still work to be done there.

also imo a bad decision when we had them 4th and 2 from their own 28 and instead we take a penalty (half distance to goal i believe..) and back them up in 4th quarter w/maybe 7+ mins left?? gave them another chance and yes, they convert the 3 and 14ish. luckily we strip them near mid-field eventually and go on to a victory so decision is not thought about again. drove me nuts when we accepted penalty and BEFORE they converted. and yes, i will also agree it's maybe a 70-30 decision....nothing that's completely cut/dried so yes, i'll accept your argument to accept or not. but there is no question they weren't going 4th/2 at their own 28 there...they were punting as it was a one score game.

yup, i'm picking nits w/2-2 team that is on the improve. but these are things our coaching staff has to think about. nothing overall in the play calling this week....just game decisions late that we've got to get better at to continue to do to improve. again, up to our coaches in those situations to be thinking ahead and calm, not caught up in the emotion. just more to think about.

you can't say enough about our conditioning and game ball goes S/C coach as well. nothing makes a team more resilient than knowing they can win the fourth quarter.

That said, GREAT win and onto Klempsum.....hope Miami took a little out of them!

mooch, out.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
great win and headed the right direction. hats off to entire team and coaching staff. that said, i still worry about our 4th quarter decisions and ability to make decisions as the game winds down
We scored more points in the 4th quarter than in any quarter in the Collins era so far.

beej67

new around here
That game felt a lot like the Syracuse game to me, the difference being they had the turnovers instead of us.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
great win and headed the right direction. hats off to entire team and coaching staff. that said, i still worry about our 4th quarter decisions and ability to make decisions as the game winds down. down 27-26 we go 40+ yards + penalty to five. then can't get a play off without calling a time out, again. that will haunt us someday. same as syracuse game in critical spots after big gains. these big gains in crucial situations along w/the excitement seems to disorganize our ability to get the substitution pkg in correctly and get the call off. it costs you momentum. we get stuffed the next two running plays out of that time out, btw. still work to be done there.

also imo a bad decision when we had them 4th and 2 from their own 28 and instead we take a penalty (half distance to goal i believe..) and back them up in 4th quarter w/maybe 7+ mins left?? gave them another chance and yes, they convert the 3 and 14ish. luckily we strip them near mid-field eventually and go on to a victory so decision is not thought about again. drove me nuts when we accepted penalty and BEFORE they converted. and yes, i will also agree it's maybe a 70-30 decision....nothing that's completely cut/dried so yes, i'll accept your argument to accept or not. but there is no question they weren't going 4th/2 at their own 28 there...they were punting as it was a one score game.

yup, i'm picking nits w/2-2 team that is on the improve. but these are things our coaching staff has to think about. nothing overall in the play calling this week....just game decisions late that we've got to get better at to continue to do to improve. again, up to our coaches in those situations to be thinking ahead and calm, not caught up in the emotion. just more to think about.

you can't say enough about our conditioning and game ball goes S/C coach as well. nothing makes a team more resilient than knowing they can win the fourth quarter.

That said, GREAT win and onto Klempsum.....hope Miami took a little out of them!

mooch, out.
They likely would have gone for the 4th and 2 IMO and the chance of making it was much higher than the 3rd and 14.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
They likely would have gone for the 4th and 2 IMO and the chance of making it was much higher than the 3rd and 14.
Also, I think it was less than 1 yard to gain and it was very close to the first down so they might have reviewed it. That was the right call and 99% of coaches would have made the same decision. If we were great in short yardage situations then maybe not, but Tech is not great in short yardage defense.

The next play was just awful defense. The amount of guys that missed their assignment was incredible.

GTce93

Varsity Lurker
We scored more points in the 4th quarter than in any quarter in the Collins era so far.
Great point....think that points to many good things. Also- we scored more points in the 2H than we did in any GAME under GCG. Tough match-up this week; hope to see the momentum continue and keep improving!

GT98

Dodd-Like
Today sucked. A few steps back...

maybe then can progress going forward