CGC naysayers check in

Since I was at the game and haven't watched, what did he say? Stay the course, we are in a build mode?
Basically that Collins is building a program and Golic likes what Collins is doing. Year 2 of phasing out of the 3O, got to get the right players, Collins is a great defensive guy and will get it right, kept pointing out how many true freshman and sophomore players Collins was playing. Praised the talent level of said freshman.

How is basketball getting a free pass again? Pastner catches öööö every season, and is probably gonna get fired this year if we don’t make the NCAAT. He’s been saying all along that we need to get old and stay old, and we’re finally there. Time to win.

Golic made me believe again.

I thought Golic did a nice job on the call yesterday. He had done his research on the team and had a lot of nice things to say. Except for the place kicker that is. :)

Nobody’s giving Pastner a free pass. People have been calling for his head for the past 2 years. Just like Geoff Collins, if he’s not winning by next year people willl be calling for his head until the end 2023, and if he’s still not winning by then he’ll be gone. We can call for coaches’ heads but we’re not rich enough to just fire them after 3 bad seasons.

In my book, CGC has until the end of the 2022 season to show results- at least 8 wins and a bowl. A 5-14 start to his Tech career is ominous though. Think about that, 5-14...

In my book, CGC has until the end of the 2022 season to show results- at least 8 wins and a bowl. A 5-14 start to his Tech career is ominous though. Think about that, 5-14...
Bill Curry was 2-19, Bobby Ross was 5-17. And supposedly teams were “closer in talent” back then compared to now. Rules of the game have changed to favor offense, so I’m not so sure there is a difference.

Now that being said, we will need to see a lot in these upcoming games.

Waiting until 2021 season to judge, if there is a season
There was a season this year. There will most definitely be a season next year save catastrophic events. Even so there may still be a season. People tend to hold to traditions like this in hard times.

There was a season this year. There will most definitely be a season next year save catastrophic events. Even so there may still be a season. People tend to hold to traditions like this in hard times.

What ever happened to that old guy who posted in every thread about how we were never going to play football again over the summer?

JRjr

5-14 is not good, but it’s not the problem. TBH I expected that. The problem is the frequency with which we beat ourselves and get absolutely destroyed, even by mediocre competition.

5-14 is not good, but it’s not the problem. TBH I expected that. The problem is the frequency with which we beat ourselves and get absolutely destroyed, even by mediocre competition.
Yeah, I'm not sure why people can't understand this. I am much more bothered by the way we're losing than the fact that we're losing. Watching ND move up and down the field yesterday was really depressing. By and large it wasn't exceptional athletic ability, spectacular catches, faster players, etc. It was simply much better coaching. (And by coaching I don't just mean 'play calling' but also 'training and preparing players.') There were many plays where they picked up 10-15 yds by tossing the ball to an uncovered receiver in the middle of the field.

Back