CGC on 680 this morning at 11:15am - replay

All in!

g1389735981156668695.jpg

Everything about Coach G says that he really understands "big time P5 CFB", talks about recruiting players that fit the right Ht-Wt-Speed-Academic profile for GT, nothing like CPJ that just recruited any warm body then expected the guy to fit the system and dive at kneecaps of the opponents (the last part is my editorial not Coach G's comments)

Great interview, sees GT being in ATL as a huge advantage, never heard CPJ mention anything about Atlanta in his entire 11 yr tenure, this guy really "gets it", being around big timers like Saban, GOL has really rubbed off on this guy, none of what he says has any hint of lower level or Service Academy CFB, this guy has the mindset of a champion

My excitement level is off the charts, the local media loves this guy

I honestly think this guy is gonna make us the Stanford of the ACC

Outside of Bama\Clemson\UGA, GT is gonna win a lot of the recruiting battles for GA HS recruits that were previously lost to Stanford, Mich, ND, Dook, Vandy, Uva, etc, and the way this guy is wired, he might beat Bama\Clemson\UGA for the occasional recruit also

I can't wait for this guy to get our Roster the way he wants it, hopefully by convincing our guys to go to school yr round-summer semester and have them graduate early (is that satisfactory for all you anti-roster mgmt guys)

Everything about Coach G says that he really understands "big time P5 CFB", talks about recruiting players that fit the right Ht-Wt-Speed-Academic profile for GT, nothing like CPJ that just recruited any warm body then expected the guy to fit the system and dive at kneecaps of the opponents (the last part is my editorial not Coach G's comments)

Great interview, sees GT being in ATL as a huge advantage, never heard CPJ mention anything about Atlanta in his entire 11 yr tenure, this guy really "gets it", being around big timers like Saban, GOL has really rubbed off on this guy, none of what he says has any hint of lower level or Service Academy CFB, this guy has the mindset of a champion

Outside of Bama\Clemson\UGA, GT is gonna win a lot of the recruiting battles for GA HS recruits that were previously lost to Stanford, Mich, ND, Dook, Vandy, Uva, etc, and the way this guy is wired, he might beat Bama\Clemson\UGA for the occasional recruit also

I can't wait for this guy to get our Roster the way he wants it, hopefully by convincing our guys to go to school yr round-summer semester and have them graduate early (is that satisfactory for all you anti-roster mgmt guys)

I'm excited about CGC too, but can we stop making up apocryphal stuff about cpj for comparison points? Just because you never heard him talk about Atlanta doesn't mean he didn't (he has several times on the cpj show) and if you think he just went for "warm bodies" youre deluded - if you look at the wr he recruited, there were some obvious physical traits he prized. Now OL he prized lateral agility over frame and weight, but it definitely wasn't just a warm body approach.

I think coach accidentally let it slip that he is going to poach heavily from his crew at Temple

I think coach accidentally let it slip that he is going to poach heavily from his crew at Temple
I don't think it was ever really a question. Coaches want their own staffs, and the new Temple coach will be the same.

A couple of his guys at Temple are Atlanta or Georgia guys and one is a GT alum. No way some of them weren't coming with him.

I don't think it was ever really a question. Coaches want their own staffs, and the new Temple coach will be the same.

A couple of his guys at Temple are Atlanta or Georgia guys and one is a GT alum. No way some of them weren't coming with him.

Agreed. I can't say I'm surprised, I just think this confirms some of the suspicions on the board

I will be thrilled with CGC if he is successful enough get people to stop making dumb full retart Stanford comparisons.

Can they coach and recruit?

Your enthusiasm isn’t welcome here

Don’t you know we’re still remebering and honoring CPJ. The man whomst had the the same win average per season as the great Chan Gailey

I think CGC fits the vision that TS has for GT and as a team they can and will move this program to heights we maybe have not seen before, it just seems like a real workable partnership IMHO.

Lol at this guy. I’m sure Coach Farva is going to take us to the promise land.

I liked the interview it is how I would talk about Georgia Tech. You have to believe you can achieve something before it happens. I think CGC will get us our first 5-Star recruits. His theme will be reclaim Atlanta. This is GT’s City. If he makes his pitch focused on that he will do well. Kids like turf wars. UGA can run the state. We’ll run the city.

My hope is that the recruiting comes with the ability to maximize the talent once it gets here. Even if he gets a bunch of talent here which is not a given. My minimum expectations for GT football are unchanged. Serious contender every few 4-5 years. 1/3 against UGA. Top half of ACC every year.

Back