CGC on 680 this morning at 11:15am - replay

Everything about Coach G says that he really understands "big time P5 CFB", talks about recruiting players that fit the right Ht-Wt-Speed-Academic profile for GT, nothing like CPJ that just recruited any warm body then expected the guy to fit the system and dive at kneecaps of the opponents (the last part is my editorial not Coach G's comments)

Great interview, sees GT being in ATL as a huge advantage, never heard CPJ mention anything about Atlanta in his entire 11 yr tenure, this guy really "gets it", being around big timers like Saban, GOL has really rubbed off on this guy, none of what he says has any hint of lower level or Service Academy CFB, this guy has the mindset of a champion

My excitement level is off the charts, the local media loves this guy

I honestly think this guy is gonna make us the Stanford of the ACC

Outside of Bama\Clemson\UGA, GT is gonna win a lot of the recruiting battles for GA HS recruits that were previously lost to Stanford, Mich, ND, Dook, Vandy, Uva, etc, and the way this guy is wired, he might beat Bama\Clemson\UGA for the occasional recruit also

I can't wait for this guy to get our Roster the way he wants it, hopefully by convincing our guys to go to school yr round-summer semester and have them graduate early (is that satisfactory for all you anti-roster mgmt guys)
You know, it's possible to be excited about our new coach without ööööting all over our old one. You should give it a try.

Is it just me, or are the same fonts saying this are also the ones that are "ööööting all over our old one" with Chan?
Uhm.
Don’t compare Chan’s tenure to Paul’s. That’s absurd. I don’t care about average wins. Paul’s tenure had several highs that significantly outweighed the lows. He also beat uga 3 times at their place.

Uhm.
Don’t compare Chan’s tenure to Paul’s. That’s absurd. I don’t care about average wins. Paul’s tenure had several highs that significantly outweighed the lows. He also beat uga 3 times at their place.
The only reason they shouldn’t be compared is chan lasted about half as long as CPJ

That’s unfair to chan

The only reason they shouldn’t be compared is chan lasted about half as long as CPJ

That’s unfair to chan

You are legit tard.
I don’t give a single öööö about NFL draftees if they don’t do anything while at Tech. If anything it speaks to how truly putrid Chan and his tenure was. All that nfl level talent and 6 ööööing points against wake motherööööing forest????

Average 7 wins and produce 20 nfl draftees. Yeah that sucks

At least his defense could tackle

Chan's BEST season is one that ended on a 3-game losing streak, with completely inept offense in losses to the dwags and Wake Forest, and a blown lead in the Gator Bowl.

The one thing he did better than Paul was field better talent. He couldn't actually get the most out of that collective talent, though, because he wasn't a good coach.

You are legit tard.
I don’t give a single öööö about NFL draftees if they don’t do anything while at Tech. If anything it speaks to how truly putrid Chan and his tenure was. All that nfl level talent and 6 ööööing points against wake motherööööing forest????

I was disgusted with the 2016 UGA game when I learned how many more of their players were going to be drafted.

Uhm.
I am not comparing Chan and PJ, whose records are close enought not to draw justified venom.

I am highlighting hypocrites on a message board who cry foul for behavior they have done for years.

I am not comparing Chan and PJ, whose records are close enought not to draw justified venom.

I am highlighting hypocrites on a message board who cry foul for behavior they have done for years.
I still say.Chan was getting a better hold on the college game. Recruited great had the players and would have done much better than Paul if not fired. Just my opinion.

I still say.Chan was getting a better hold on the college game. Recruited great had the players and would have done much better than Paul if not fired. Just my opinion.
While arguable either way, both coaches will soon be gone and neither are coming back.

What CGC does or does not do is relevant. I am happy he is here, and doing and saying the right things.

We are a special school. We should embrace that. We should be proud of it.

St
You are legit tard.
Still not as bad as the loss to Middle Tenn State in ‘12. But Chan was still a lot worse of a coach than CPJ.

That’s unfair to chan
On this logic it’s unfair to compare Spurrier to Zook. The reason CCG lasted half as long is because he didn’t beat UGA or win the ACC or finish in the Top 10.

Back