CGC Postgame

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
One of the toughest places to play man wade wallace and the 20 fans so tough :bowrofl:
It actually is really tough to play there because of how low energy it is. It was one reason why I was pretty worried about this game. Our team feeds off hype and energy. @UVA will be similar but they’ve got some buzz going so that may work in our favor a little bit.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
It’s a good sign, because he needs it; but I wonder how much we pay some guy to tell our $20M head coach when “to bang time outs”
Hey look, those assistants wanted to, "get some burn" and contribute at a high level to beat a real good team (on film) this afternoon.

Once you learn the language, you'll get less upset when you hear it over & over

The Jacket

The Coat
It’s a good sign, because he needs it; but I wonder how much we pay some guy to tell our $20M head coach when “to bang time outs”
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, and even if it did, I don't care. The clock thing was a clear problem and it probably cost us before. I could grumble about how he should have done this before or be glad that our coach is willing to correct his shortcomings.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I'd be kind of surprised if teams like Bama and Clemson don't have someone doing something similar with all the money and extra assistants they throw around.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
It’s fine to have assistants assisting with even simple stuff. It’s another thing to have a HC that consistently NEEDS assistance with simple stuff.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I still have my doubts but a win is a win, even if we blew a 14 point lead and had to come from behind to do it. I will take it. Collins fixing the timeouts issue is a good sign he is adapting. Still searching for a statement win. UNC and Duke have the same record as us right now. If we get to the bowl game I think we are back on track with CGC. Need 3 more

QuadF

Dodd-Like
It’s fine to have assistants assisting with even simple stuff. It’s another thing to have a HC that consistently NEEDS assistance with simple stuff.
Eh. If having someone do the simple stuff let's him focus on the bigger stuff and operate at a higher level, I'm fine with it. But the difference between a buffoon and a good delegator is in the dividends.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
I still have my doubts but a win is a win, even if we blew a 14 point lead and had to come from behind to do it. I will take it. Collins fixing the timeouts issue is a good sign he is adapting. Still searching for a statement win. UNC and Duke have the same record as us right now. If we get to the bowl game I think we are back on track with CGC. Need 3 more
I’d still consider UNC a statement win even if they aren’t as good as advertised. It was a 3-score win that turned heads for a week. The key is finding a way to back up a win like that. Beating Virginia then VPI for example would qualify. But at some point Geoff needs to rattle off 3 or 4 in a row and get away from some of the buffoonery and inconsistency.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I’d still consider UNC a statement win even if they aren’t as good as advertised. It was a 3-score win that turned heads for a week. The key is finding a way to back up a win like that. Beating Virginia then VPI for example would qualify. But at some point Geoff needs to rattle off 3 or 4 in a row and get away from some of the buffoonery and inconsistency.
Agreed. It would be nice to head into ANY game and not wonder if we're going to win or get blown out.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
The only real thing that I like about this guy is that he always credits his staff and players.
He has gotten off to a good start recruiting also. But personality wise…never gonna love that juice. It’s mostly empty calories.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
One of the toughest places to play man wade wallace and the 20 fans so tough :bowrofl:
First time we've won there since 2013 should be an indication to you that, at least for the recent past, it has been a tough place for Tech to play.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Sounds like he had an assistant helping with clock management. That is a step in the right direction.
Honestly, I think correcting his shortcomings is one of the better things CGC does. Yes, it would be great to have a coach who already knows everything there is to know and never make mistakes, but there are very few who fit that description and none in our price range.