Chad Morris -> SMU

Need to support FSU, Clemson, and Louisville this week.
FSU, yes, but Clemson and Louisville losses can put us in the Orange Bowl.

You guys take conference cheer leading a bit too far sometimes.

Those games will also be at noon. I'm hoping they're close and I can judge who I cheer for based on how our game is going. If we beat UGA, we're in the Orange unless FSU loses to UF later in the day.

Clemons friend of mine said that Foley at UF has spoken to Dabo's agent and even him about the job down there... just heresay at this point but I think its ridiculous.

I think they should talk to Chris Hatcher or Rick Neuheisel. Some folks on here were really hot to get them in here at GT before CPJ was hired so they must be really, really good coaches.

It's Texas. They have rich alumni in the oil business. They could pay whatever any coach wanted.

SMU still trying to buy their way into major college football. Take the money, bank it, move along to a major SEC program or The University of Texas when the time comes.

SMU still trying to buy their way into major college football. Take the money, bank it, move along to a major SEC program or The University of Texas when the time comes.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two GT wins will also put us in the Orange Bowl

I am still amazed. $3 million a year. That ööööer was coaching freakin' HIGH SCHOOL in 2009. Hell, the longest he was ever at any high school was a 5 year stint. Several were just 2 years and out. One year at Tulsa, 4 years at Clemmons and BAM - one of the highest paid coaches in CFB. DAYUM.

I seem to remember Bill Curry saying he was making in the $40k a year range when he was hired to coach GT. I know that his base salary at Kentucky was just over $100K. Of course, there were incentives, but I don't think they topped him out at any more than $300K - if he even got a lot of incentives with how Kentucky performed under his reign.

Hell, Mark Richt has made tons more money than his fellow Miami Hurricane star QB's. Testeverde, Kosar.

More than CPJ until he gets a raise.

What is as amazing to me as the $3 million per is the 8 years in contract length. That is unheard of for an unproven coach. It really looks like SMU has said "it's Chad Morris or we give up"

Big schools don't want to hire coordinators. If you want to be aHC, you have to put in your time somewhere like SMU first. And like someone else said, SMU had a bunch of money.

What is as amazing to me as the $3 million per is the 8 years in contract length. That is unheard of for an unproven coach. It really looks like SMU has said "it's Chad Morris or we give up"
He can probably get 1.5 million for 6 years as the OC, so it was going to take quite a bit for him to leave for a risky HC position. It depends on how much he wanted to be a HC.

Big schools don't want to hire coordinators. If you want to be aHC, you have to put in your time somewhere like SMU first. And like someone else said, SMU had a bunch of money.

Makes me wonder when someone is finally gonna bite the bullet and hire Bobby Petrino. He has a $10 million payout, but hell, that is nothing for Texas or maybe Florida. He makes $3.5 million. Florida could probably go $4.5 million.

Not too long ago, Tenuta was one of the highest paid coordinators at $500k

Makes me wonder when someone is finally gonna bite the bullet and hire Bobby Petrino. He has a $10 million payout, but hell, that is nothing for Texas or maybe Florida. He makes $3.5 million. Florida could probably go $4.5 million.

South Carolina when Spurrier retires, maybe.

South Carolina when Spurrier retires, maybe.

Perfect job. Lower expectations than Florida. A bit dumber fanbase. Although the USuCk folks that I am friends with actually believe that they have a lot of history behind their program. Well, history of losing, I suppose.

I know that 2001 is one of the lamest entrances I have seen personally in CFB. They told me it would give me chills when USuCk took the field. I was underwelmed by lame 2001 through a speaker.

I also think running down the hill at Clemson was pretty lame too. I know these things get voted as "best entrances" but they generally suck.

UGAg walking arm and arm and then going through the "G" banner sucks hard too. As does that lone trumpeter in the stands crap before the game.

Running through the "T" at Neyland and FSU's chief with the flaming spear are pretty cool.

The Wreck is the best and most unique.

Back