Chad Morris -> SMU

Makes me wonder when someone is finally gonna bite the bullet and hire Bobby Petrino. He has a $10 million payout, but hell, that is nothing for Texas or maybe Florida. He makes $3.5 million. Florida could probably go $4.5 million.

I'm sure Louisville's AD will match whatever school that will offer Petrino a larger contract. Remember, Louisville's athletic budget is huge.

Do you have any other obvious statements?

Let me help, an ACC title also puts us in the Orange bowl.

Point is that you root for FSU, Louisville, Clemson, and GT. No need to hope for a Clemson / Lousville losses.

Point is that you root for FSU, Louisville, Clemson, and GT. No need to hope for a Clemson / Lousville losses.

Point is you root against Clemson and Louisville in case GT doesn't win.

That's what guarantees an Orange bowl.

öööö man. I don't want no ööööing backdoor into the Orange Bowl. We need for Clemson to beat USuCk. We need to beat UGAg. Louisville needs to beat Kentucky. Otherwise, the entire nation will just think "meh" about us going to the Orange Bowl. We will just be the ACC team that won the ACC wheel of suck again.

And we need to beat FSU while we are at it.

öööö man. I don't want no ööööing backdoor into the orange bowl. We need for clemson to beat usuck. We need to beat ugag. Louisville needs to beat kentucky. Otherwise, the entire nation will just think "meh" about us going to the orange bowl. We will just be the acc team that won the acc wheel of suck again.

And we need to beat fsu while we are at it.

+100

öööö man. I don't want no ööööing backdoor into the Orange Bowl. We need for Clemson to beat USuCk. We need to beat UGAg. Louisville needs to beat Kentucky. Otherwise, the entire nation will just think "meh" about us going to the Orange Bowl. We will just be the ACC team that won the ACC wheel of suck again.

And we need to beat FSU while we are at it.

so if we lose next two, you don't want to go to the Orange bowl for another shot against BIG or SEC?

Louisville is going to win no matter who we root for. If GT wants to play in the Orange bowl they need to win one or both of the next two, period.

So lets root for a sweep over the SEC.

Louisville is going to win no matter who we root for. If GT wants to play in the Orange bowl they need to win one or both of the next two, period.

So lets root for a sweep over the SEC.
I wouldn't sleep on Kentucky...

After I suppose Muschamp and other failed coordinator hires like Kiffin, top-tier schools and even most Power 5 schools expect a decent amount of FBS coaching experience. For the Texas job, only HC names like Strong and Briles were floated. Malzahn is an exception, I guess, but even he had one successful year at Arkansas State.

AD's at top-tier colleges can also make oddly mediocre to merely above-average coaching hires too. Derek Dooley and Steve Sarkesian come to mind. I guess they interview well and make AD's feel more politically comfortable.

We are not going to lose to Florida state. All this "backdoor/root for this team, etc." orange bowl talk is silly.

You guys who "dont get conference cheerleading" must be living under a rock and missed all of the SEC leg humping going on in the media and college football playoff committee. If your conference is not perceived well, you are swimming against the tide in the polls, for recruits, and in playoff scenarios. If the ACC flops against the SEC, look for more SEC hype as if that wasn't even possible. Also look for the ACC to take another hit in the eyes of all CFB. We really, really need to go at least 3-1 against the SEC tomorrow.

You guys who "dont get conference cheerleading" must be living under a rock and missed all of the SEC leg humping going on in the media and college football playoff committee. If your conference is not perceived well, you are swimming against the tide in the polls, for recruits, and in playoff scenarios. If the ACC flops against the SEC, look for more SEC hype as if that wasn't even possible. Also look for the ACC to take another hit in the eyes of all CFB. We really, really need to go at least 3-1 against the SEC tomorrow.

I agree 100%. It's all about perception. Why do you think half the SEC west was ranked in the top ten at once?

If we win tomorrow and against FSU, we probably still aren't in consideration for the playoffs. If UGA were to win tomorrow and did get into SECCG and win that, they would've been in the playoffs.
If the ACC were thought of just as highly as the SEC, we would be considered for the playoffs.

I agree 100%. It's all about perception. Why do you think half the SEC west was ranked in the top ten at once?.

Beat 4 weak OOC teams and finish .500 in the SEC and you're ranked in the Top 15, get game day on campus, and have 4 star recruits taking unofficial visits to campus.

That has more to do with ESPN (which now has majority SEC analysts) than anything else.

Back