Chan speaks! Tonight at 10pm on the Southern Sports Report

Techsamillion, no I was just picking at Belly.

grin.gif

i watched fox at 10pm
they had a one line quote from gailey saying that the academics at tech are very hard and wont be compromised or something.

that was weak.

basically hes still hiding

Either I missed something, but here we go again! Please speak to your populus coach, we've been here longer then you and we are passionate and connected to this school and its team - how about you?

YloJk: That's why I feel the way I do - still no accountability!
frown.gif
frown.gif

Absolutely!!!!! I am on record as a Chan supporter. I am very dissapointed that he has not seen fit to expose himself/the situation more.
Someone said, he would be "ON" if I am not mistaken. Okay, someone made a false report. If this is all it is, then, don't blame Chan for this.
However, I am not happy that he does not come out and "breathe some fire". Or at the very least expose himself to the situation. He is a humble man. If he can win and stay that way.......fine. If not, then he needs to measure the positives of his humility in a pragmatic fashion. Football Head Coach=WINS!
I do not care what anyone says....give all the beautiful platitudes about Tech/Academics/Academic Tradition/"Tech Men"/pull for the boys.......matters not.....let's face it: Bottom Line is WIN without getting in trouble.
Some of you will not remember that Bobby Dodd (God bless His Soul) was on the "hot seat" something special in the mid 60s. He was ready to be put out to pasture by many. Furman Bisher wrote an article that is the Sports Version of "a shot that was heard round the world". And the wolves (me included) backed off. One of Bisher's greatest efforts ever......pressure was relieved for Bobby Dodd. I am tired of hearing of the greatness of Dodd, Ross, O'L, others: the fact is that if they were winning 9 or more games a year they would still be coach.....why do you think Bobby Dodd retired? Oooo, burn ME!!!!!! Tech man/non Tech Man: You had better win.....hey, that is okay with me. But don't give one man more of a opportunity to be a winner than you do another (Ross, Curry, others). Some of you also do not remember the heat that was out against O'L. There was a time during his last season when many were ready to skin his hide if he did not shuffle his staff. His next year (which did not occur) would have been his last if he had not improved dramitically.
I am sick and tired of hearing about how long some of you have been Tech fans and you do not know the suffering, feeling, adjustments that have been made through the years. We have MANY novices on this board who speak as veterans. I have heard of so many who have suffered through the Lewis years and then some of the Curry years.
I have suffered when suffering was called for since 1948. I have gloried when it was time to glory also. I am for whoever is the Tech Coach:
Carson (I loved him) and still think, relatively speaking he got the shaft and really, could have become one of Tech's greatest coaches, Fulmar: I never thought he should have been called (it was all a TECH MAN DEAL, that by the way, flopped), but I supported him, Pepper: Great guy, great coach, great recruiter.....got a raw deal; Curry: MY WORST YEARS OF SUFFERING ON THE 49 yard line, EAST...but I continued on. He would have been run out on a rail by the way, if he had not hired Lindsey as his Defensive Coordinator. And while we are talking about Curry: right!! I will never forgive his running out on His Alma Mater. When anyone ditches Tech for anyone else (O"L included), then to me as per football, he is
ANATHAMA!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Techsamillion, no I was just picking at Belly.

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, every dem in the state is delighted by our pub guv's performance ("Is this a flag? Will this work? Can we tax booze? Butts? Do we need schools?"

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Hey belly,

Give this "good ole boy" (ex dem) a chance.

He is great!!! Less the refs blow the whistle as

petaining to "politics"....
The "rat" is a UGAG(er)!!!!!!! Thunder upon anyone who pulls for the mongrels. Football, baseball, tennins, golf, titlywinks, basketball, et al.
wink.gif

Back