Chaun Gresham

RamblinPeck

Jolly Good Fellow
According to scout, he's a Jacket.

Not a recruiting guru at all here, but looks like he comes from a very good sports family.

"His father played football at North Carolina, his mother played basketball at Alabama and his uncle, George Rogers, won the Heisman Trophy at South Carolina."

Dangit, you clicked submit before I did. You win! 5 in-state recruits before April arrives - NICE!!

Wow, this is just amazing:eek5:, and all the commits have come from the interior line on out, first the DT's then the DE, and now the LB's. Could we have a secondary commit soon?

I sure wish Paul Johnson cared about the defensive side of the ball. :laugher:

This is what makes me feel good about CPJ. Its early in recruiting and we are loading up on DEFENSE. He knows he'll be able to get the kids he wants for his offense so it seems he wants the coach's to focus on drawing in big time defensive players. Not only will CPJ's offense run over and around everyone but Wommack's defense will stop everyone. Dang I'm getting pumped!!!

This is what makes me feel good about CPJ. Its early in recruiting and we are loading up on DEFENSE. He knows he'll be able to get the kids he wants for his offense so it seems he wants the coach's to focus on drawing in big time defensive players. Not only will CPJ's offensive run over and around everyone but Wommack's defense will stop everyone. Dang I'm getting pumped!!!

This is very true, CPJ's system equalizes any talent discrepancy between our offense and the opposing defense so even if we don't get top rated talent on offense (which we will) the system will be the equalizer if run properly. So that leaves the defense were we would need the horses to match the opposition, and since we're getting the horses right now we should be able to get the 4 stops a game that CPJ asks of his defense and be in good position to win games. So I guess focusing on the Defense might actually be just as important as focusing on the Offense.

So I guess focusing on the Defense might actually be just as important as focusing on the Offense.

With his offensive scheme its more important. Its not exactly an easy to come from behind scheme....and frankly D wins you games; as you stated his O scheme can work with varying levels of talent making the D much more important IMO

I like what I hear from this Athens Banner article:

"He's got a real good work ethic and he's such a good kid," said Apalachee basketball coach Kevin Morris. "He's so meek and mild, he's such a calm kid. You would think the way he hits people in football he would be a real mean kid. But he's not."

Glad to see we keep recruiting kids with good character and work ethic. Maybe we could use him on the hardwood too.

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/011808/prepstars_20080118062.shtml

I like this quote better (he also plays basketball, so that's what they are referring to):

Q: Would you rather make a game-winning shot or get a big hit on a quarterback?
A: I like knocking some quarterback out. If you make a shot, people will forget about it. If you knock out a quarterback, people will still be talking about it weeks later.

I'm getting the sense that Coach Johnson knows exactly what is required to succeed at Georgia Tech and exactly how to go about it.

Sometimes you just get the sense that some folks just know what the heck they are doing.

Man, CPJ is messing with the Tech mantra of "get behind early, that way you have more time to catch up"

yes, TIC, i am psyched about our early commits! these 5 all look like some serious quality. are any projected to be Top 100 in country or in the south???

yes, TIC, i am psyched about our early commits! these 5 all look like some serious quality. are any projected to be Top 100 in country or in the south???

They probably all lost a 'star' by committing to us.

Patience, the coaches are light years ahead of the sites in talent evaluation.

Hope so. Do you base that on the coaches that stayed? How do you know the ones with the sharpest eyes for talent didn't go?

I'm not comfortable saying that PJ is an eye for great HS recruits yet. I don't see the facts required to back that up just yet.

When your teams play lights out by year two at the latest, it is hard to prove that you went out and found great recruits. Also, I don't recall the guys following PJ to date having near his success. If the guys following him were universally successful, it could prove that he recruited exceptionally well. As it is, the jury has limited facts.

Hope so. Do you base that on the coaches that stayed? How do you know the ones with the sharpest eyes for talent didn't go?

I'm not comfortable saying that PJ is an eye for great HS recruits yet. I don't see the facts required to back that up just yet.

When your teams play lights out by year two at the latest, it is hard to prove that you went out and found great recruits. Also, I don't recall the guys following PJ to date having near his success. If the guys following him were universally successful, it could prove that he recruited exceptionally well. As it is, the jury has limited facts.

I'm not talking about *quality* of evaluation - I'm talking about the *time invested* (guys like Giff Smith and BJM have been evaluating these players for multiple years). The sites have just finished up evaulating '08 seniors - they've only evaluated a handful of '08 juniors.

No offense, but what are you talking about? Who followed him where? Ga Southern? Navy?

No offense, but what are you talking about? Who followed him where? Ga Southern? Navy?

Correct. Ga Southern, Hawaii, and Navy the first time he left. I believe that each regressed after he left.

Back