Check out Sports Unlimited on Monday

refrigeratormover

Dodd-Like
I hate to put out a promo, but I'll be on Sports Unlimited with Matt Stewart on Monday @ 6:00 p.m.. Call in with any questions!!!!

JD

John, Have fun. Even if you are only given softball questions, please offer the insight and facts that are needed to get a slow Tech crowd moving. Thank you!

Do not take any softballs JD. Stewart, Schultz, Bradley, Bell. They are all the same leg humpers with no integrity. I remember stewart running his mouth with that giggling ahole dukes and the comments he was making even after we had won TIAR. He is a scumbag punk and I expect you to give him hell for it.

alright john davis is up next .. i will post a recap ... here it is .. ahem, given that mr. davis will probably read all this himself. he posted that he'll be up on CSS to begin with LOL

i left out some of the buffalo bills stuff. wasn't paying too much attention ...

i must have missed some stuff, need more folk to jump in and add ..

my thoughts: undoubtedly a great ambassador for georgia tech. loves tech, has fond memories of tech, still keeps in close contact with his former tech teammates.

a doggone bone to grind .. john, why the red shirt? LOL. you shouldn't be wearing a red shirt on TV and talking about tech .. maybe i'm being anal.

john davis: all american, 4 year starter, originally from ellijay, ga, buffalo bill star. ga tech hall of fame inductee.

new career: commercial carpeting. based in atlanta. loves the fact that he's back in the ATL.

now is a fan of the program, likes the fact that he can opine and give his 2 cents to the people running the show.

talked a little about tony. said he'll be fine in the pros. as far as for tech with the academic losses, it'll be hard but he said that we have low expectations and we can surprise some people.

came out as a huge Chan supporter. said that he talked to chan as well as the assistant coaches and some players. feels good about the program and the direction towards which its headed. as far as this season goes, it will be a hard season and the 1st 4 games will be a tell tale.

talked about OL, said OL is good and hopes that injuries don't occur. said that they need a sense of urgency, cannot afford to take any plays off. need to mesh together with the QB who he thinks will be bilbo.

"chan got a bad rap for last season"

if we don't start off well then "boobirds will come out but they need to leave Chan alone. He's a great football coach and is turning out to be a fine recruiter as well"

was initially opposed to the stadium expansion but mr. davis has already opined about it in another post saying that it looks beautiful.

talked with glen spencer who was his teammate. coach spencer said that he's never seen the players practice as they have been doing.

was raised a bulldog fan, went to most games .. almost went to alabama to play for bear bryant but was told during recruiting that bear bryant was going to retire shortly. ended up @ Tech. said that people around him were disappointed with the about face.

John, please expound. how did you end up at tech? that'll be an interesting story! to hell with georgia.

questions from viewers:

what he thought about playing auburn. said that he loves it. said that we should schedule auburns and alabamas and tennessees more often. thought that we have 4 ooc games and one of them is ga. the rest of the 3 don't have to be patsies. should be big guns so that tech games get more exposure and attract recruits.

balancing academics and athletics, pay a stipend? in his opinion, athletes should be given a stipend, more like some pocket money, 25 bucks a week say ...

no softballs for mr. davis, Dave Braine? said that dave has done good things for tech initially but he thinks that dave should go. he thinks that it's time for a change and fresh blood should be introduced. noted that many are against him but that dave has his support as well. was very careful when he pointed out that it was his *opinion* that dave should leave and that dave was hurting the program.

also said that it is very easy to dump on dave for what has been happening for the last 6 months. mentioned carole moore as not being a friend of the athletes.

basically, his opinion is that dave should go.

the hardball was negotiated very well. mr. davis is a great ambassador for tech. no point dumping or abusing braine on TV or even on a website. he's doing it the right way, stating his opinion, which is not equating to degrading or deriding braine. his opinion is not personal in any way. tried to be diplomatic about his opinion as well, stating that there are two sides, that braine has some support, that it's easy to dump on braine.

in one short word: classy.

this guy is a student athlete. a success on the field and a success off of it. he can sit down and give a great interview, expound his thoughts in a refined manner, express himself honestly and eloquently. bleeds white and gold.

p.s lose the red shirt john, especially when appearing on TV and representing Tech
smile.gif

Thanks for the recap! and anything you'd like to add Mover will be appreciated as well!

John,

Great job! You made me proud to be a fellow Tech man. You heart warming story of being almost led astray by Alabama and UGA till you saw the golden glow of the Tech “T” brought a tear to my eye. As fine a story of redemption as I’ve ever heard in a Sunday sermon….

While I don't agree with John's view on all issues, where I have a different opinion, I found John’s arguments persuasive, causing me to reconsider my own position.

In summary, here is what I heard (please add this to what you have learned from Ylojak8’s post):

1. Kids coming out of high school today want to play in front of national TV exposure. Scheduling games with Furman and UConn won’t provide that. We need more old time SEC rivals on the schedule like Alabama and Auburn.
(I worry we are no long academically in their league).
2. Dave Braine has done some good things for Tech in the past but events in the last 6 to 9 months have convinced John that it’s time for Dave to leave; the academic problems should have been prevented.
3. It looks to John like no more flunkouts from the summer session, we will know for sure tomorrow.
4. For all the money that sports brings to the schools, the kids who play the game should get some spending money; a stipend.
5. Chan Gailey has impressed John, with his determination and focus, you can see it at practice and when you talk to the kids. Last year was a learning year for Gailey.
6.This season will not be as bad as some that are piling on us would like to believe. John feels 7 wins could be in reach. This will depend on injuries as we are not two deep in many key positions; a problem for Tech for sometime.

I like John even more after his comments. Chan and this team do deserve our support. I'll take his comments over those aired by a former player on 680 radio anytime.

One was a fine blocker, and the other a fine rusher. I think the way they are handling the problems are similar to the way each played. John wants to slowly drive down the field, while Coleman is looking for the huge sack. At least we know who some of the people are who want DB gone. I wish some of the people coming to DB's defense would step out of the shadows, so they can be mailed some of the facts, so we don't have to air all the dirty laundry.

Originally posted by General Wood:
One was a fine blocker, and the other a fine rusher. I think the way they are handling the problems are similar to the way each played. John wants to slowly drive down the field, while Coleman is looking for the huge sack. At least we know who some of the people are who want DB gone. I wish some of the people coming to DB's defense would step out of the shadows, so they can be mailed some of the facts, so we don't have to air all the dirty laundry.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">never heard about the DT looking to sack Braine. he may have said that too and i might have missed it. he was more in favor of sacking gailey.

not only was he just in favor of sacking him, he was trashing him and our team.

Coleman Rudolph: "we couldn't beat auburn with 15 players on the field"

I think we should officially add that to his name on anything Tech related. you know Coleman "we couldn't beat Auburn with 15 players on the field" Rudolph. That's as insulting to our team as anything I can think of. He may not like Gailey but he should know better than that. Wonder what a visit to the locker room would be like for him?

G.W. I (somewhat) understand your feelings. I hope you get that fulfilled which seems to be in your heart.....I have only a little info and I can see something of which you speak: on another side I see the information coming from other directions.
I have been (to some extent) in your position--no need to give details--- I have not gotten over it (even after 11 years) and so I know something of what you feel. As for the TEch Program and whoever is coach: (Forrest Gump) or Stan Gailey, I think you are with me and most of the other Tech fans: Let's WIN!!!!! Whatever it takes.
I am not pro, nor against D.B.: I am for winning!!!!! I hope we will do it this year!!!!

Good post TAM. Bush #1 stated, "We aren't going to change the world, but we have got to stand for something" Alot of us were Tech fans before DB, and we will continue to be supporters after he is gone. But I just have not figured the "Right" way to continue to say that things are wrong on the Flats. I told Dave Braine personally what was going to happen to the SA's with CM in charge, and he did nothing. That was in December of 2001. I really hoped he would use the information to his advantage. Never, and I mean never have we lost ten kids to academics at one time, and Tech has been a tough place for over 100 years. When I see the academic situation straightened out and the degree completion program viable again, I'll shut up.

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
What station?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">well, it's not a radio station. it's a local cable channel called CSS (Comcast Sports Southeast, i believe).

i'm sure someone will post a recap.

Back