Chip Long - New OC

ND fans are saying he was good, but an asshole, and Kelly and he butted heads. They're also saying he was a good schemer and recruiter. Also, he's a former TE coach and Broyles Award finalist.

If he makes a really positive difference, I say we should hire him as HC.

Otherwise, we start over the year after anyway. It is what it is.

ND fans are saying he was good, but an asshole, and Kelly and he butted heads. They're also saying he was a good schemer and recruiter. Also, he's a former TE coach and Broyles Award finalist.

If he makes a positive difference, I say we should hire him as HC.

If he makes a big difference, give him a raise and find a DC with similar qualities. Let CGC keep on recruiting players for the OC and DC’s systems.

I just saw the news and my first link was the GT press release. It mentioned his time at ND and memphis but I noticed there was a gap and didn't see a current job. Thought that was odd, did he take a break because of covid? Nope. I come here and learn he's been at Tulane and been doing worse than the last guy. No wonder the official press release didn't highlight his time at Tulane.

I'll give him a chance because really, it doesn't matter what I think he is going to be the OC. But this is what I thought expected would happen. No quality OC is going to come here with a firing looming so basically we took a flyer on a guy who was good at P5 but sucked recently so we got him on the cheap.

I just saw the news and my first link was the GT press release. It mentioned his time at ND and memphis but I noticed there was a gap and didn't see a current job. Thought that was odd, did he take a break because of covid? Nope. I come here and learn he's been at Tulane and been doing worse than the last guy. No wonder the official press release didn't highlight his time at Tulane.

I'll give him a chance because really, it doesn't matter what I think he is going to be the OC. But this is what I thought expected would happen. No quality OC is going to come here with a firing looming so basically we took a flyer on a guy who was good at P5 but sucked recently so we got him on the cheap.
that's rich. that they left that out. unreal.

nothing we have done since the season mercifully ended has given me any confidence things will get better. .

Godsey had a terrible arm, what throws are you talking about?
Godsey owns GT’s season passing record, career completion percentage and several others. He was 6th in the nation his Jr year before he got injured. Goose was a winner. You’d probably prefer Matt “Choke Artist” Stafford or some other buttsniffer hero like that.

Every day I log in and it’s “coaches suck, players suck, transfer suck, the whole athletic department sucks, everything sucks, we need to be like Alabama”

This reminds me of a story my ex father-in-law told me one time. The guy used to be an industrial pipe-fitter working with an outfit in North Dakota. He used to hate engineers with a passion. He told me about this one time they had a pipeline pressure problem at one of the jobs he was on in West ND and the company flew in a bunch of engineers who argued for 3 days on how to get it fixed and never came to an agreement. Then on day 4 my ex FIL took his unit to work early in the morning without sign-off from management and fixed the problem. When the management realized it was already fixed they called him into the office along with the engineers to explain what he did and why he didn’t wait. He told them “I figured you paid me enough to watch your engineers argue for 3 days over a job that takes 4 hrs. But they’re gonna go back to arguing about it for another week so I’ll take our pay and we’ll be on our way.”

If he makes a really positive difference, I say we should hire him as HC.

I know nothing about the guy but I do really hope this is the reason he was let go. He'd be like the offensive Tenuta, which is fine by me.

How can this be the best hire we could come up with? If it's true that Thacker is still the DC next year, it would be hard to imagine worse staffing decisions being made unintentionally. öööö Geoff, I bet he grew up a dwag fan and we just got pantsed by a mutt. öööö him and öööö everyone involved in this hire and öööö me for ever thinking he had a chance to be anything but a scumbag prick.

With our head coach squarely on the hot seat and other limitations, this is about as good of a hire as I was realistically hoping for. P5 experience at a very high level and a pretty good overall resume. Probably not going to make a huge difference in wins all by himself but likely and upgrade from what we had. 7/10 hire imo

With our head coach squarely on the hot seat and other limitations, this is about as good of a hire as I was realistically hoping for. P5 experience at a very high level and a pretty good overall resume. Probably not going to make a huge difference in wins all by himself but likely and upgrade from what we had. 7/10 hire imo
solid 7 hire?

The worst thing about this hire is it pretty much destroys all hope that we’d fire Gefoff.
I'm not seeing the issue with shutting up the screeching autists at least until the center lowballs the first snap next season

If there is more discipline, better offensive production, better player development and ... most importantly ... more points and more wins, then is is a good hire. Judge performance by results.

OTOH ... this guy could end up that Italian bastard who won a ticket on the Titanic.
sub-buzz-24942-1511822234-8.jpeg

Back