Clemson fan's first post

TigerSmith 75

Varsity Lurker
Just out of curiousity, what was your major at CU?
LOL! Ok, here goes -

I attended East Carolina University for 1-1/2 years. I was a music major there.
I transferred to Clemson where I got a degree in English with minor concentrations in Music and Economics. You might say I majored in getting out of college with a degree in hand.

I worked in the wholesale hardware industry for five years. Most of that time was spent at Beck and Gregg Industries located at 217 Luckie St in Atlanta. Today, Centennial Park covers almost all of the area where our building used to stand. Most of my working career has been spent as an independent retailer. I own an Ace Hardware store and an independent outdoor outfitters store in rural SC.

My credentials as a college football fan are that I've been following the game since dirt and I love it. I was there in 1974 when we FINALLY beat you guys for the first time in forever. So, no, I don't take our current run of success for granted. It's been a fun ride.

That's my story. What's yours?

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
If Dabo leaves Clemson within 3 years, the next head coach will likely be either Jeff Scott or Brandon Streeter. I would include Tony Elliot in the mix but I have a feeling he will already be a head coach somewhere else possibly as soon as next year. That's just a hunch.

I have no idea what the future holds for Clemson football, and yes, I intend to enjoy it while it lasts. When I see predictions that Dabo WILL return to Bama and that Clemson WILL sink back into mediocrity, I have to smile. They all seem to be heavy on wishful thinking and very light on logic or analysis. I'm pretty sure that type of thinking isn't taught in any of Ga Tech's engineering classes.
I don’t know Dabo so I can’t offer any in depth analysis other than what I see of him in public and what I read. He appears to be a good fella who came up from some hard times. He’s hard working and a good cheerleader. He’s probably not the best at calling plays but he appears to be a good humble leader with the intellect and ability to keep good people around him. I also believe he is loyal to those who give him a chance. Putting all that together, I think it’s a 50/50 chance he stays at Clemson vs going to Bama. It will be a tough decision for him if he is given the opportunity to make it.

He doesn’t need to come to our locker room and congratulate us when we kick y’alls ass in a few weeks though.

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
Given the nature of stingtalk, I'm inclined to think this is just a troll initially.

With the long winded intro, relatively speaking, I am leaning on the side you may actually be a Clemson fan.

That said, the sadistic assholes(myself included) know this and could be trying to put together a somewhat elaborate troll.

So...

We've all had relations with you mom.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
I was having a conversation with a VT alum this week and it was both of our opinions that the best visiting fans to each of our respective stadiums were the Clemson fans, just our 2 opinions of course. I feel this opening game with you guys is a nice opportunity to let the world know this is a new GT fb program, but most gt fans know this is a monstrous change and will take a few years for us to complete, but I personally am glad for the opportunity to begin it with you guys and get on with the rebuild.
Best of luck to you guys this year, interested to see the new version of the Clemson tigers. Go Jackets!!!
Dabo was baptized by Paul Johnson in his first matchup too. If CGC has half the run Dabo has churned out (1 natty) then I’d be okay with it.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Any coach can be successful at Clemson so long as they keep that psychopath on defense and a halfway decent offensive coordinator (or two).

If Dabo leaves Clemson within 3 years, the next head coach will likely be either Jeff Scott or Brandon Streeter. I would include Tony Elliot in the mix but I have a feeling he will already be a head coach somewhere else possibly as soon as next year. That's just a hunch.

I have no idea what the future holds for Clemson football, and yes, I intend to enjoy it while it lasts. When I see predictions that Dabo WILL return to Bama and that Clemson WILL sink back into mediocrity, I have to smile. They all seem to be heavy on wishful thinking and very light on logic or analysis. I'm pretty sure that type of thinking isn't taught in any of Ga Tech's engineering classes.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...-criticism-following-win-over-south-carolina/

“Just look around college football, there’s a lot of people that would love to have the program that we have here, I can tell you that. 12-0 ain’t good enough? Then it’s time for me to seek other places. Make sure you get that.”

Would Swinney really leave Clemson? Considering the juggernaut he’s built the program into, it would be tough to leave.

But, fans should start showing him some more appreciation, or someone else may come along and make him an offer he can’t say no to.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...recruiting-alabama/1azy4m8w4580n14j2epurnhm43

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney will always be tied to the state of Alabama. He is, after all, a native of Pelham, Ala., a 1993 graduate of the University of Alabama and former Crimson Tide assistant.

"I don't know about walls, but I'm kind of like Osama Bin Dabo," Swinney said (via TigerNet.com). "I have to navigate my way through the caves and back channels to make my way through Alabama these days. They aren't as happy to see me. But it's all good. It's a good problem."
  • Dabo has threatened to leave in the past, so the thought has crossed his mind.
  • Dabo enjoys recruiting, especially in Alabama.
  • Your AD is Dan Radakovich. We have experience with that guy. He can’t be trusted to make good decisions unless it involves lining his own pockets.
  • As a result, I think when Saban retires, Alabama will offer Dabo enough money and adoration to steal him from Clemson.
  • Dan Radakovich will not make a good hire for his replacement and Clemson will be like Tennessee post-Fulmer with the added benefit of being on probation.

Last edited:

gte490v

Dodd-Like
Hi everyone! Yes, I'm another Clemson fan invading your territory. I'm here because you guys are our next opponent and I'm interested in reading your thoughts. You are one of our oldest rivals after all. So far, I've seen enough to know that more than a few of your fans don't have much use for our fans. That's ok. Passionate fans are among the things I love most about college football. I promise to give respect for respect.

That's about it. I just wanted to introduce myself before I butt in on someone's post. Let's get started. August 29th can't get here fast enough to suit me.
I say 2nd row behind the Clemson bench last year and didn’t need to be that close to see the size/conditioning difference. While our recruiting and conditioning seems to have improved since December, it will be a long time before we approach competing on talent.

So, that leaves tactics and we’ll find out if we’re good there as the season unfolds.

Clemson D line should be too much to handle making it a long day for whoever is at QB.

Watch our true freshman RB #22.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious. What do you see in Dabo that makes you believe he will return to Alabama as their coach (heck, he might) and, if he does, what factors will come into play to prevent Clemson from maintaining a successful football program?
Bama will offer him much more money.

Clemson just isn’t a perennial top 5 football program. Even with your recent success Georgia Tech maintains a lead in the series the past 25 years.

It’s not like Clemson has decades of elite football. All this this new.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
LOL! Ok, here goes -

I transferred to Clemson where I got a degree in English with minor concentrations in Music and Economics. You might say I majored in getting out of college with a degree in hand.

I worked in the wholesale hardware industry for five years. Most of that time was spent at Beck and Gregg Industries located at 217 Luckie St in Atlanta. Today, Centennial Park covers almost all of the area where our building used to stand. Most of my working career has been spent as an independent retailer. I own an Ace Hardware store and an independent outdoor outfitters store in rural SC.

My credentials as a college football fan are that I've been following the game since dirt and I love it. I was there in 1974 when we FINALLY beat you guys for the first time in forever. So, no, I don't take our current run of success for granted. It's been a fun ride.

Wrong year. 1969 you won for the first time in 22 years. Not 22 games, because we didn't play every year for a while. I was unfortunately there in the student section.

The Jacket

The Coat
Bama will offer him much more money.

Clemson just isn’t a perennial top 5 football program. Even with your recent success Georgia Tech maintains a lead in the series the past 25 years.

It’s not like Clemson has decades of elite football. All this this new.
Clemson has all of everything Dabo might want, and the potential for it. Right now Alabama can afford whatever and whoever they want. If Dabo's love for Clemson is accurately depicted by the man's public persona and appearances, I'd say he would rather build a Clemson program which can do the same, and which can be put right alongside Saban's Alabama in future discussions of college football history. He could do it, too. Clemson hasn't filled a vacuum left by Alabama in down years or after the Tide's reign had waned, they've beaten Alabama at their game, in peak condition, twice. And the last one was like something scripted by David Parker Ray.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Clemson has all of everything Dabo might want, and the potential for it. Right now Alabama can afford whatever and whoever they want. If Dabo's love for Clemson is accurately depicted by the man's public persona and appearances, I'd say he would rather build a Clemson program which can do the same, and which can be put right alongside Saban's Alabama in future discussions of college football history. He could do it, too. Clemson hasn't filled a vacuum left by Alabama in down years or after the Tide's reign had waned, they've beaten Alabama at their game, in peak condition, twice. And the last one was like something scripted by David Parker Ray.
Who are you? And what did you do with The Jacket?

GTRules

You’re Mamma
LOL! Ok, here goes -

Why did you not work in the field that you spent so much money and time acquiring a degree in?

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
Who are you? And what did you do with The Jacket?
This is what happens when you go on the banned list man -Beestorm locks you in a dark electrical closet for hours on end ...and, oh the horror of it all. :scared:

NC Bee

Varsity Lurker
Actually, most Tech fans respect your fan base. You hate UGA . You have also been great hosts to Tech fans when we visit your place.
We have an underrated team and new staff in the unfortunate position of playing the national champs out of the gate. Great for recruiting though- "you will play against the best".
SEC *snort*
I expect we will have some surprises for your team but I see your surfer boy as pretty unflappable. We are after all, projected to be last in the coastal.
Fully agree with the good host thing. Clemson was the only other school I applied to (SC native), but my grades were good enough to get me into Tech. Family from Pickens county dating back to the Revolution.