Clemson getting 9pts

law_bee

Dodd-Like
after fsu getting 27pts

I think this may be your next best bet. Ugag is a notorious slow starter and TB is on the hot seat.

This will be the first time in a very long time that Ugag has has an impact on us so early.

If ugag wins we must beat the same team in two weeks.

and if UGAG LOSES, then we must beat the team that knocked off top ten(?) team.

We will learn MUCH about Richt in this game.

I see Clemson taking the lead in the 4th and a costly turnover dooming the mutts late. If so, be sure to listen how quickly their fans turn on their call in show Sunday night!

9 Points is too much. I think the line will come down some before Saturday.

As much as I hate the farm school out in Athens, I would take U(sic)GA over Clemson and the points.

Woody Dantzler is gone (nice run back against the Falcons this weekend) and their new QB isn't half the scrambler he was.

I expect to the leghumpers to pound the tigers and run the score up if they can.

BBR

Simmons is not half the scrambler that Dantzler was but he is probably twice the QB that Dantzler was.
It is an opening game, and therefore automatically hard to predict, but both teams will be sky high to renew an old rivalry. Ugag had a very hard time scoring TD's last year against us (we held them to one offensive TD). So it is very possible in an opening game that they might not score all that much. Thereby makeing 9 points look like a lot to cover.

As much as I'll hate it, but I see plenty of ugag points and a pretty easy win.

drinking.gif

In the GT98 "Weiser" dead-bolt lock of the week: take Uga minus the 9
tongue.gif

Gotta think Uga wins this one fairly easily unless Uga has lots of turnovers.

If the game was played at Clemson, they would have a good chance to win. I think the oddsmakers are close on a ten point advantage for UGA at Athens, but Clemson does have the firepower to win if they get some breaks.

wink.gif

Nice try, Mr. "Tweed."
tongue.gif

Actually, the "deadbolt" lock of the week is Wake Forest minus 1 1/2 vs. N. Illnois. Wake is well coached and even minus one of last year's runningbacks, have enough horses to cover this Thurs. night line.

I would not touch the Ugag/CU line. I can make a case for Ugag blowing them out or losing. Don't wanna touch that one.

FWIW, the GT line vs. Vandy has dropped a bit to minus 20. No big deal since "smart $$$" typically does not do anything until a few hours before kickoff, but interesting nonetheless.

I agree about the Wake line this week. If I had any money then I would definitely bet on that game.

Other than that, I like FSU -27 against UVA, Wyoming +31 at Tennessee, and Maryland +2.5 against ND (in East Rutherford).

I wouldn't touch the UGA - Clemson game, either. I can see Clemson winning, but I can also see them getting blown out. Plus, I try not to bet on games that have a team that I either love or hate. Too much emotion involved for me to think clearly enough.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Clemson will be beaten like a 3 year old in Wal-Mart.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL He'll be here all week folks!!!

UGA will roll Clem&Son in Athens. I don't think it will be close. I would take UGA and give those points, in a heartbeat.

I KNOW it evens out over the years, but doesn't it seem that EVERY UGAG OOC game is in Athens ?

when you put 85K in the stands you get to play the games at home

hopefully we will be putting 55k in the stands so we can at least get the home and homes

Uh, oh, guess the "GT98 dead-bolt lock of the week" just lost some credibility...........

Originally posted by GT98:

Actually, the "deadbolt" lock of the week is Wake Forest minus 1 1/2 vs. N. Illnois. Wake is well coached and even minus one of last year's runningbacks, have enough horses to cover this Thurs. night line.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
tongue.gif

Just a little good natured kidding there GT98
grin.gif

So, when does the tailgating start tonight?

Yep, I would like to put a dash of salt on my helping of crow...
frown.gif

I know that the old adage is that you go for the win on the road, but what was Grobe thinking??? Kick the blasted extra pt. and cover in the 2nd OT, sheesh.
mad.gif
Grobe, you are not in dearing yourself to the degenerate gamblers out there like myself...
pat.gif

Well, at least the 4th quarter was entertaining...
rolleyes.gif

GT98,
At least your logic seemed good. But Wake is always suspect even with a good coach and first games are a crapshoot anyway.
I am beginning to think (or hope) that klimpsum is going to cover against ugag.

Clemson will give UGA fits. They some really good, tall WR's that will shred UGA's secondary.

I'm tellin' ya, that will be a close game. I think Georgia wins, but not by much. UGA has some holes. They only have one tailback. They don't have any depth on OL. Their DL is young and inexperienced. They're replacing 3 lost starters in the secondary.

Lots of holes.

Back