Clemson v. Alabama

We've been over this, and I'm pretty sure we've addressed this exact scenario. It doesn't matter if he wins the next ten national championships, taking the last four after guiding Furman into FBS and into the CFP. Dabo is a clown. It doesn't matter what he does, nothing will change that. He's a phenomenal coach, he beat our asses this year, he just beat The Greatest Football Team Of All-Time for the national title, ripped Colin Cowherd a new Colin Cowherd in the post-game presser and will likely have Clemson playing for the crown again soon.

He is still, and will always be, a clown.

So...being a clown is now a good thing.

Except for that Notre Dame - FSU game a few years ago.
That was pretty blatant though. The ND receiver literally threw a block and kept his feet moving to hold up the DB as I remember it. The CU receiver ran a slant and the Bama DB literally grabbed his shoulder pads and threw him down. The other DB had to go around. Legal play as far as I can see.

If I counted right, Clemson had 17 possessions and Alabama 16. When is the last time Tech had that many? In uga game, each had 10

Possession count doesn't matter as long as you win the game.

So...being a clown is now a good thing.
It works for Dabo, clearly. It's bizarre to me why people seem to struggle with this so much. Coaches have different personalities, some are douchebags, some are goofy, some are pious, some are boring and so on. These personalities don't get washed away with success, often they are the cause of it. Saban's status as Lucifer, lord of lies, didn't vanish after any of his national title wins. Urban didn't stop being a douche when he won. Dabo didn't stop being a clown last night. This seems pretty simple.

accsecchart.jpg

The front page isn't even leading with a recap. They've moved onto Bama being pre-season #1 for them next year.

:rotfl:
Holy öööö, you weren't kidding. The header image is of Alabama and the only mention of Clemson in the "Top Headlines" is about which of their players are going to the NFL.

I saw Clemson being Bama headline first, then Bama top 25 second. Might be based on on-site history if you read the Clemson article?

Back