Coach Brent Key

That's great; but in the meanwhile we will have to coach up the 3* players we have and are getting and win with them.
Once again you fail to answer the question posed to you and continue with your exaggerated drivel. You still haven't shown where anybody said that all we'd have were 4 and 5 star players and if they did you again misconstrued it. The narrative I've seen has been that we will be getting more 4 and hopefully some 5* players with this staff. We are certainly getting much higher 3's than before.

Are you sure that is right? I was told CPJ was a lazy recruiter and I've been told the majority of our current roster aren't P-5 quality players.
There is also the weakness that reported offers are self-reported and not verified.

Like CPJ's last two ol who "had offers" but didnt actually go to a P5 school.

That's great; but in the meanwhile we will have to coach up the 3* players we have and are getting and win with them.
Please tell me which recruits do not need to be coached up? Is there a store you know with college ready offemsive linemen? I know of none.

Perhaps you prefer Sewak to coach kids more than Key.

We are going to disagree.

Once again you fail to answer the question posed to you and continue with your exaggerated drivel. You still haven't shown where anybody said that all we'd have were 4 and 5 star players and if they did you again misconstrued it. The narrative I've seen has been that we will be getting more 4 and hopefully some 5* players with this staff. We are certainly getting much higher 3's than before.
I think next seasons class as well as the class of 2022 will be very telling because they will allow us time for signature wins.

I think next seasons class as well as the class of 2022 will be very telling because they will allow us time for signature wins.

Closing well on 2020 will be a good sign because it will show that the staff can close well even when we didn't have a great season. It will be interesting how the momentum for 2021 goes because if it improves over 2020, then it is a sign that the staff can sell the recruits even though things are not great "on the field". In a perfect world 2021 should be better because you have more time to build relationships and make the higher rated players feel the love and not start from behind.

The opposite side is if 2021 gets off to a poor start recruiting wise, then we likely need to start winning.

If recruits stay with us for the first 2 years, then I expect the wins to start building and everything to smooth out. Hope we can get over that hump.

I thought I'd see more mauling, total domination by Shag, but then I remembered that it's the NFL and not Mississippi State.

I love JT5, but Shaq was the reason 2014 was so successful. He paved the way for two different BBacks coverted from other positions to take turns having 100-yd games.
I love Shaq also... but in 2013 Shaq started... in 2014 it was JT5 he was teh diff... the fans wanted VAD Lee.... I guess Coach Johnson did as well, but JT5 was the final piece. Then in 2015 the wheel fell off without Shaq.... Then in 2016 we got Parker and won 9 games... Craziness

I love JT5, but Shaq was the reason 2014 was so successful. He paved the way for two different BBacks coverted from other positions to take turns having 100-yd games.
Not disagreeing with you about the raw power Shaq added to our offense, but Laskey was a BBack for 2 years before 2014. Synjyn did convert to BBack like the second week of the season.

Not disagreeing with you about the raw power Shaq added to our offense, but Laskey was a BBack for 2 years before 2014. Synjyn did convert to BBack like the second week of the season.
I hope Days and Laskey are featured prominently in the "Legends of the Flats"

Back