Coach Brent Key

“Hey Coach Key...you should do a better job coaching the zero OL recruits we brought in over the past two recruiting classes!”

I’m all happy with him. My only concern moving forward would be people clamoring for him as HC or OC next (depending on things). I don’t have much to prove against that but I don’t know if I feel secure he would be good in either of those roles. Just a gut feeling.
I think he is comfortable coaching the OL and being highly involved in recruiting. Who knows though

I’m all happy with him. My only concern moving forward would be people clamoring for him as HC or OC next (depending on things). I don’t have much to prove against that but I don’t know if I feel secure he would be good in either of those roles. Just a gut feeling.
I hope you're right but I'm afraid his poor performance as OC previously may make that a steep hill for him to climb.

I hope you're right but I'm afraid his poor performance as OC previously may make that a steep hill for him to climb.
If he stays he could become our next head coach many years down the line. He is home after all.

Agreed. The offensive line, lacking depth and talent, has steadily improved. There were times today that their positive play caught my attention. Coach Key is doing his job well.
He is also run game coordinator.

He went Winless as an OC at UCF... as our Oline Coach he has helped us to two Wins... has recruited zero 5 or 4 star lineman...
He has under coached / perfromed like the rest of offensive Coaching staff

The question is why?? is OC Patnut the problem or who??

“Hey Coach Key...you should do a better job coaching the zero OL recruits we brought in over the past two recruiting classes!”

Key is a big time coach and recruiter.

How can the jury be out on this ? Tou clearly have not done the research on him.

He couldn’t even retain the best lineman on his line.

He has potential. He’s certainly getting paid like a big time coach. I honestly hope he turns our line into a war machine, both through recruiting and coaching. I think we’ve seen progress, but we still aren’t even playing as well as the worst Sewak OL yet. We’ll see what happens and it’s way too early to even suggest he’s failing, but he still has a long way to go before he’s as successful as he needs to be.

Pitt and UVa are pretty high on the sack leaders list, but our oline held up pretty well. I see progress on the line, but option linemen are not going to excel in this system. They don’t have the size, footspeed, or arm span to be all acc in this system. Maybe a guy or two can make the jump, but not the unit as a whole.

Back