Coach Brent Key

At this point of the rebuilding, I think the offense is the earliest sign of improvement. It is our defense and special teams that are letting us down. At the end of the first half against UVa, we scored a TD on a nice drive with less than a minute left, only to give up a big kick return and a quick TD before halftime. We are giving up too much field position and big plays when we don't have the ball. The fans that have been scapegoating Patenaude should consider how different our offense looks in the transition from the TO, and realize that it's pretty impressive where we are. I don't see any improvement elsewhere.

At this point of the rebuilding, I think the offense is the earliest sign of improvement. It is our defense and special teams that are letting us down. At the end of the first half against UVa, we scored a TD on a nice drive with less than a minute left, only to give up a big kick return and a quick TD before halftime. We are giving up too much field position and big plays when we don't have the ball. The fans that have been scapegoating Patenaude should consider how different our offense looks in the transition from the TO, and realize that it's pretty impressive where we are. I don't see any improvement elsewhere.

fans should also look at the number of walk ons getting significant reps due to injury

The OL does look significantly better. If they keep making this kind of progress, they might be almost average by next season.

The OL does look significantly better. If they keep making this kind of progress, they might be almost average by next season.
Average with a bunch of freshman playing on the line? I’ll take that.

Also, for reference:

upload_2019-11-11_6-43-8.png
I really like Marco Coleman & Larry Knight.... I know everyone is talking about Brent Key... (However he has a Transfer TE from UCONN, Vandy Transfer and a Ole Miss Transfer) But on the DL especially with the Loss of Brandon adams, what those two Coaches have done...is amazing.... If CGC can just get better OC and OCLCoach we might be good to go!!

I will agree about PK Special teams, however they are choosing not to start Wesley Wells.... If Coach Collins wants a better Place kicker he can start Wells...

As far as Defense goes.... I believe that that is improved since Coach Collins got to the flats... To say it hasn't is crazy to me

If Coach Collins wants a better Place kicker he can start Wells...
Wells has been trash this season. Was he great last year? Yes. Did Collins break him? IDK... but truly good kickers should not simply get broken. I like him better than King, so there's that.

What did he tweet?
I really like Key. I loved his interview at the beginning of the season when a reporter asked him something to the effect of “How can you win here?” implying it couldn’t be done. You could tell that really pissed him off. He said something to the effect, “We’re going to build something special here, and you will understand.”
It’s obvious the guy is good. Look how much the OL improved this past week.
Once he and Collins get some size in here on the OL, Graham may be the best dual threat QB by his Jr. and Sr. years we’ve had since Hamilton.
Brent Key was the best hire Collins made IMO.

A Georgia Tech football coach sent the most tone-deaf tweet after a player's death

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/georgia-tech-football-coach-tweet-player-death-brandon-adams

EDIT: LOL at the down votes, I am just answering the poster's question without any editorial or commentary. iiwii

Last edited:
We are recruiting OL that have no other P5 offers. I thought those days were over.

:bigcry:

Also, for reference:

upload_2019-11-11_6-43-8.png
I don't think this is accurate. Is this the 2018 GT assistant coach salaries compared to 2019 salaries?...in other words, comparing YoY salaries for totally different people and a totally different staff structure?

Where is the article link?

I don't think this is accurate. Is this the 2018 GT assistant coach salaries compared to 2019 salaries?...in other words, comparing YoY salaries for totally different people and a totally different staff structure?

on google

It is definitely not 2018 GT assistant salaries. Of the salaries I know off hand it looks legit.

Why would Patenaude get his salary doubled but Thacker has to take a reduction?

I think for Patenaude it was to bring him up to P5 OC salary else his assistants would be making more than him. Thacker may have been to make room for Brent Key.

It is definitely not 2018 GT assistant salaries.
Appreciate the opinion with no backing or evidence to support your claim whatesoever...

Here is the actual article, which confirms the comparison is exactly what I stated:
https://footballscoop.com/news/geoff-collins-staff-will-make-georgia-tech-paul-johnsons/

The table was an attempt to compare GT 2018 assistant coach salaries to GT 2019 assistant coach salaries. The 2018 numbers are salaries earned in "equivalent positions" on the 2018 staff. Problem is that offensively the staff structure is completely different in 2019. Basically your assumptions were completely incorrect and your last two posts were a total waste for those that read them.

I assume both Thacker and Patenaude both had some bump in salary as they moved from AAC to ACC coordinator positions, which is completely reasonable. Brent Key had somewhere in the neighborhood of a $100,000 bump to move from Alabama to GT

Appreciate the opinion with no backing or evidence to support your claim whatesoever...

Here is the actual article, which confirms the comparison is exactly what I stated:
https://footballscoop.com/news/geoff-collins-staff-will-make-georgia-tech-paul-johnsons/

The table was an attempt to compare GT 2018 assistant coach salaries to GT 2019 assistant coach salaries. The 2018 numbers are salaries earned in "equivalent positions" on the 2018 staff. Problem is that offensively the staff structure is completely different in 2019. Basically your assumptions were completely incorrect and your last two posts were a total waste for those that read them.

I assume both Thacker and Patenaude both had some bump in salary as they moved from AAC to ACC coordinator positions, which is completely reasonable. Brent Key had somewhere in the neighborhood of a $100,000 bump to move from Alabama to GT

So is it accurate? Because somebody said it wasn't.
I admit the make believe OC and TE coach salaries threw me.

Back