Coach Brent Key

Also, for reference:

upload_2019-11-11_6-43-8.png
What is the source? These do not seem right.

At this point of the rebuilding, I think the offense is the earliest sign of improvement. It is our defense and special teams that are letting us down. At the end of the first half against UVa, we scored a TD on a nice drive with less than a minute left, only to give up a big kick return and a quick TD before halftime. We are giving up too much field position and big plays when we don't have the ball. The fans that have been scapegoating Patenaude should consider how different our offense looks in the transition from the TO, and realize that it's pretty impressive where we are. I don't see any improvement elsewhere.
I see considerable improvement on defense. You have to consider where we were starting from. Nate Woody and Ted Roof had to be expunged before we could even get going.

So the DC and OL coaches were grossly overpaid last year. That is the only observation I can draw from this comparison.

So the DC and OL coaches were grossly overpaid last year. That is the only observation I can draw from this comparison.

Personally, I am happy with the DC. I will be disappointed greatly if the defense isn't rocking in a couple of years. I think his pay is about right.

Jury is still out on BK (that will get @JoeCakeEater, @savbandjacket, @BuzzFeitenSystem grinding their teeth). He had to make a drastic overhaul with lots of human capital issues when he came in; but it appeared it took roughly half the season to get everyone on the same page. If we start out better next season (we should), and the majority of these recruits pan out, I think we will all be happy; and maybe the monkey gets off Patenude's back.

Personally, I am happy with the DC. I will be disappointed greatly if the defense isn't rocking in a couple of years. I think his pay is about right.

Jury is still out on BK (that will get @JoeCakeEater, @savbandjacket, @BuzzFeitenSystem grinding their teeth). He had to make a drastic overhaul with lots of human capital issues when he came in; but it appeared it took roughly half the season to get everyone on the same page. If we start out better next season (we should), and the majority of these recruits pan out, I think we will all be happy; and maybe the monkey gets off Patenude's back.
I think it’s fine to say the jury is still out. I’m talking about the posts that are already advocating changes in staff. I think we are just starting to see pieces fall into place after a very rough start to the year. We still have some issues, but I see progress on all fronts but special teams.

But what are their measurables? We need bigger guys and they all aren't going to be four star players.
None of the 7 are 4 star players..... I am ok with that....The problem is that folks blames CPJ for 3 star recruits and said once we change coaches we will get more 4 and 5 star recruits.... Simply not true....

Also Coach Brent Key has under coached this year... Think about this... He has a TE transfer, Ole Miss and Vandy Transfer... So three guys (of the possible 6) who have been at another college program that didn't run the triple option or CPJ offense.... So this historic OL transition only had to really figure out 3 other spots....Crazy

None of the 7 are 4 star players..... I am ok with that....The problem is that folks blames CPJ for 3 star recruits and said once we change coaches we will get more 4 and 5 star recruits.... Simply not true....

Also Coach Brent Key has under coached this year... Think about this... He has a TE transfer, Ole Miss and Vandy Transfer... So three guys (of the possible 6) who have been at another college program that didn't run the triple option or CPJ offense.... So this historic OL transition only had to really figure out 3 other spots....Crazy
Vandy transfer was not even starting at Vandy last year, so what does that tell you? We just needed extra big bodies. You can't lump TE in with OL because their assignments vary so drastically. We have a TE coach, so Key isn't even his primary position coach anyway. And the Ole Miss transfer played in 4 games for Ole Miss, then transferred to Tech last year and was learning option OL techniques, and now going back to more traditional. Not sure how you consider any of that under coaching. We are vastly under-sized, under-talented, and inexperienced at OL, yet they continue to show major improvement every week. The last 2 weeks we have played 2 teams that both rank in the top 10 in sacks per game. Pitt averages 4.4 sacks per game, Virginia averages 3.4 per game. We allowed 2 to Pitt and 0 to Virginia. With the depleted OL we have, only one thing that can attest to the performance of those guys, and it's coaching.

I must be watching something different than some on here because what I see is BK is doing one hell of a job with what he has to work with, just my opinion of course. I'm having supporters from other ACC schools that I visit with all tell me that they're seeing us really improve.

I was referring to last season's DC and OL coaches. I have no problem with the compensation for our current coaches.

What a dumbass post.

Back