Coach Collins Press Conference: TEMPLE

O'leary may have been crotchety and ornery; but a lot of people here still liked him.
I don't think the new generation of kids respond so much to the negativity and fussing as the old generation did. Kirby, Dabo, Riley seem to use the carrot more than the rod---and seem like cool guys. Even Saban and Orgeron have a certain amount of charm and charisma.

Can we not have a bitchy comment in response to every post?
This is tech football on stingtalk.com. So no. I went back to some of the first pages of this football forum and there were discussions of quelling mad fans after 2001. BEFORE we even knew O’Leary was leaving. I feel like bitching is just part of the fan base.

I would swallow my pride I would choke on the rinds but the lack thereof would leave me empty inside.

Swallow the seeds, turn 'em inside out, find nothing but faith in nothing.

I went back to some of the first pages of this football forum and there were discussions of quelling mad fans after 2001. BEFORE we even knew O’Leary was leaving.
And then things started to get really ugly.

Can we stop with this idiotic habit of turning every discussion into a BS proxy argument on PJ vs Collins?

I loved PJ, loved the option offense, and even wanted us to hire Monken. However, Collins has an opportunity to be an effective coach here given time, effort, and cycles. Us bitching like three-year-olds because of a rough start (HOW DID YOU NOT EXPECT ONE?) is childish. If you didn't expect a rough rebuild, you're a moron.

Can we stop with this idiotic habit of turning every discussion into a BS proxy argument on PJ vs Collins?

I loved PJ, loved the option offense, and even wanted us to hire Monken. However, Collins has an opportunity to be an effective coach here given time, effort, and cycles. Us bitching like three-year-olds because of a rough start (HOW DID YOU NOT EXPECT ONE?) is childish. If you didn't expect a rough rebuild, you're a moron.
I think this is the first mention of CPJ in this thread.

Back