Coach G shoulda took the penalty. Will he learn

Father Wasp-you got it. This was a case of basic strategy & Chan's still missing what may happen if....Chan may learn, but he may not & continue to get outfoxed.
Gary Crowton outcoached Chan Gailey. Gary Crowton, for crying out loud. This was a reality check for me & the reality is that Coach G just does not get the college Div 1a game. He had all summer to get ready for BYU & that was what he came up with.
Coach G truly belongs as a professional Offensive Co-ordinator. That appears to be his spot.

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Father Wasp-you got it. This was a case of basic strategy & Chan's still missing what may happen if....Chan may learn, but he may not & continue to get outfoxed.
Gary Crowton outcoached Chan Gailey. Gary Crowton, for crying out loud. This was a reality check for me & the reality is that Coach G just does not get the college Div 1a game. He had all summer to get ready for BYU & that was what he came up with.
Coach G truly belongs as a professional Offensive Co-ordinator. That appears to be his spot.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gailey is a proffesional, and I have to believe (until the end of this year) he can prove his worth.

However, it has bothered me that he has no college experience at the D-1A level. Troy St. is NOT the same, and you can't count it as "college experience".

I admire the fact the he wanted to honor his commitement to the Dolphins, but there is a reason why ugag didn't hire him. Make no mistake, ugag WOULD have hired him if he had agreed to leave the Dolphins.

Gailey is fighting a major uphill battle. I hope he wins. He could do well here.

Carroll at SC and Groh at VA are two of the few having success from the pro's to college. The road is littered with these guys who don't know how to administrate or motivate the college athlete.

We went wrong letting Braine run off in the middle of the night to do a single man search.

Edsall at UConn and Hawkins at Boise are two guys who have lemonade out of nothing. To me, a profile like that means they would look at Ga Tech like O'leary looked at Notre Dame, like their dream job. Good coaches are out there if you put some effort into looking.

Once again Father Wasp has hit
the proverbial "nail on the head!"

FW, thanks for your keen insight
to what is happening and has happened
to the Georgia Tech football program!

its obvious you take the penalty in that situation...did gailey forget what side of the field they were on

Back