Coleman on 680 Now...

Wake Forest is replacing most of their offense and all of their DL. We will win that one. Clemson is replacing both lines, most of their defense, and both RB's. UGAg has three starters back on offense. Sorry I disagree these guys have more holes than swiss cheese. Frankly I think we take 7 or 8 games this year.

Also BYU has worse QB problems than we do as well as has TWO FRESHMEN playing on the OL... look for a lot of sacks against them.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Gnome, what about being tired of the "bullshit red/black slant" was Coleman correcting by making fun of his alma mater? And what does having been the strongest player on the team his senior year have to do with anything? If he only thinks we'll win 4 that's his opinion. He's welcome to state that on the air. But I still don't see what making fun of the team accomplishes. And if he was doing it to piss them off, then we're just helping him by being pissed off. Although I don't for a minute believe that has anything to do with it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Coleman made himself into an All-American with help from George O'Leary, Bobby Ross, and his father who played in the NFL as well. He came in at 220 pounds. Left being the strongest player on the team. It was all about dedication to winning and being the best. It came from an attitude that permeated throughout GT at that time. It is not at this time. He sees it. He says it shoudnt be that way. And it should change. It starts at the top. Homer Rice "invented" the Total Person Concept. Dave Braine has destroyed it. We need to get it back down there at The Flats. The losses at the end of the year dictate plenty of "predictions" this year. Will they be right? Who knows. But he knows more about football than I do, and probably you (although I have no idea who you are so I may be wrong, forgive me). I think he can judge better than I what is going on overall. Leadership is where it starts. And we have no leader at the AA.

Great post Gnome!

I agree with you, three to four wins
is what I see IMHO. Playing upwards
to 15 true Freshman is not a good omen
for any team to have to endure.

But, we are left with no choice, they
have to play, because these are the cards
we have been dealt.

Many people do not realize just what we
lost when the 10 players became academically
inelgible.

The loss of depth at key postions is what
will hurt this team.

The ideal situation is to redshirt the
majority of any in-coming class. Albeit,
there will always be a few Freshman that can
step up to the plate and answer the bell,
but you can usually can on one hand the
players that can elevate their game to
Div 1-A.

Where do you see playing 15 freshmen because frankly I don't see it.

OL? no. QB? Probably not. WR? No. LB? No. Secondary? No. DL? Maybe three at most if they get rotated in. RB? Grant may get some carries but there are a lot of other backs ahead of him. TE? No.

Sorry I don't see 15 freshmen hitting the field. Remember a RFr has been in the program for a year and we aren't playing many of them either.

Hey BN, I was merely stating something
that Coach Gailey said several weeks
ago. He said that 15 true Freshman
could see playing time this year.

But what if it is less than 15, maybe
10 or so, in my book that is still too
many true Freshman that will be asked
to step up and play in Div. 1-A.

Gnome, once again that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Coleman Rudolph was one of my favorite players ever at Tech. If he sees problems with the program I am concerned. If he has ideas on how to correct things I want them made known at the AA. But...THEREIS STILL NO EXCUSE FOR GOING ON THE AIR AND MAKING FUN OF OUR TEAM AND OUR PLAYERS. AND YOU CAN SPIN IT HOWEVER YOU WANT BUT SAYING TECH CAN'T BEAT AUBURN WITH 15 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD IS MAKING FUN OF OUR KIDS. If Belue does it, what do you expect. If random writers and/or sportscasters do it so what. But for one of our own to do it is inexcusable. I mentioned he was one of my favorite players. Well no more. And I still wish he'd show up at practice and one of the player would cold-cock him.

BTW you may have missed the comments John Davis had about the state of Tech football. He was critical about some things as well. But he was also respectful of the team and didn't appear to enjoy his prediction. That's class.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Gnome, once again that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Coleman Rudolph was one of my favorite players ever at Tech. If he sees problems with the program I am concerned. If he has ideas on how to correct things I want them made known at the AA. But...THEREIS STILL NO EXCUSE FOR GOING ON THE AIR AND MAKING FUN OF OUR TEAM AND OUR PLAYERS. AND YOU CAN SPIN IT HOWEVER YOU WANT BUT SAYING TECH CAN'T BEAT AUBURN WITH 15 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD IS MAKING FUN OF OUR KIDS. If Belue does it, what do you expect. If random writers and/or sportscasters do it so what. But for one of our own to do it is inexcusable. I mentioned he was one of my favorite players. Well no more. And I still wish he'd show up at practice and one of the player would cold-cock him.

BTW you may have missed the comments John Davis had about the state of Tech football. He was critical about some things as well. But he was also respectful of the team and didn't appear to enjoy his prediction. That's class.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ok. The 15 kids thing is stupid but it was said tongue in cheek anyways. He is not making fun of the kids. His hobby is radio. His hobby is not to be a homer like Belue. I disagree 100% with John Davis, but I respect his loyalty to GT. And that is not something new in life. Again, lok at my posts and mine, nor Coleman's from what I have heard are really focused on Gailey. For every 1 comment or prediction on this year's team ther are 10 on the real issue at hand to lead GT to excellence. And it's not the guy presently sitting in the leather chair. By the way, Coleman's hobby is radio so what should he say next time he is on air to smooth things over even he he doesnt agree with what you may come up with? And he does have to talk about GT when they ask, and I dont want him giving us a line like Belue.

Back