Coleman on 680 Now...

Coleman was on the list of male names that my wife
had approved for when we get pregnant.

The operative word here is "WAS" since I have
removed that name from my list of options.

'nuff said.

Sad To Say:
I don't see any "gimmees" in the near future.
We should have a fight on our hands every game for at least the next season.
Wake Forrest has shown this past year that they are NOT any pushover.
I definitely can NOT fault Coach Chan Gailey for this, (but) it surely will be interesting to see how he can fare with the hand that has been dealt.
I don't see this year as a rebuilding year as much as I see it as a reinventing a program year. It's hard to imagine that a team could go through as much disheartening as GT has and still be optimistic about an upcoming season.
4 wins unacceptable?: Uhmmmmmm
We may be very fortunate to get 4 wins, then again we may be in for the surprise of the century. Remember last season's bowl game? How our worthy opponent was to be so down due to all the problems they had? WAOL! Sometimes these things act in reverse and motivate a team.
ME OPTIMISTC?
You better believe it. Just look at the off season records set recently by our team in the weight room. Look at the players that worked hard and made the All ACC Honor Roll. How did that happen? Uhmmmm
Can Gailey get the job done:
Dunno, but he's the man and it's his show. I certainly hope he can and he has ALL my support for the next few years to prove it. I'd sure hate for GT to have to start all over with another HC and get his system installed with his players and his coaches.
Auburn: Since we are not just overun with depth, I am fairly glad we catch Auburn early in the season. They are touted as being one of the SEC's best, so we can see how we stack up quickly.
GO JACKETS!!!!

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:

'nuff said.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's funny about Coleman, Cracker.. I wouldn't do this for just anyone but considering that you have become one of my favorite pupils... Tell your wife that she has my blessing to name your child BeeBad... Considering how challenging it is for children nowadays, nothing like having the one name that is synonymous with excellence... Works for either male or female....

*laugh*

Nice one Beebad.

I'd be better off naming a son Herschel than Beebad
though.
wink.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by CrackerJacket:

'nuff said.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's funny about Coleman, Cracker.. I wouldn't do this for just anyone but considering that you have become one of my favorite pupils... Tell your wife that she has my blessing to name your child BeeBad... Considering how challenging it is for children nowadays, nothing like having the one name that is synonymous with excellence... Works for either male or female....
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by Beesnut:
MsTA... you're not serious about "throwing in the towel" are you? Sheesh don't let folks on a fanboard ruin your fandom.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NO!! and NO!!!!!!
I just gave my definition of what "throwing in the towel WOULD BE" and I have not and would not do that. I'm here for the long haul no matter what
drinking.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by CrackerJacket:

'nuff said.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beebad: YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT YOUR HANDLE - in this day and age IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING GREAT AND GOOD IN ALL YOU DO! And it does work for both genders -
drinking.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by toe meets leather:
4 wins is what i expect, it is not acceptable , if we win only 4 show chan the door. it is a sad day in tech history when someone says 4 wins is acceptable.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have not seen one post on Stingtalk that has stated 4 wins as being acceptable.

BeeSerk did say that any wins over four was gravy for this year due to all the freshmen having to play, but he did not say it was acceptable. Since some on the board and many sports writers are predicting 4 wins or less, BeeSerk's statement was not unreasonable.

I don't think any Tech fan thinks 4 wins is acceptable.

Father Time
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So 4 wins = what if it is not acceptable? To me, not acceptable = GONE for the coaching staff. There is no fine line between acceptable and non-acceptable, correct? Just want to make sure I hear you right because I agree, we have enough talent to win 6, maybe 7 games. My prediction is 3.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by toe meets leather:
4 wins is what i expect, it is not acceptable , if we win only 4 show chan the door. it is a sad day in tech history when someone says 4 wins is acceptable.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have not seen one post on Stingtalk that has stated 4 wins as being acceptable.

BeeSerk did say that any wins over four was gravy for this year due to all the freshmen having to play, but he did not say it was acceptable. Since some on the board and many sports writers are predicting 4 wins or less, BeeSerk's statement was not unreasonable.

I don't think any Tech fan thinks 4 wins is acceptable.

Father Time
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So 4 wins = what if it is not acceptable? To me, not acceptable = GONE for the coaching staff. There is no fine line between acceptable and non-acceptable, correct? Just want to make sure I hear you right because I agree, we have enough talent to win 6, maybe 7 games. My prediction is 3.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree. 3 and GONE!

GATA JACKETS!

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
Said nothing 'bout Tech until right at the end.. Arnie asked him to comment about Tech.. he chuckled and said he has already received a lot of flak for what he has said.. (any truth to the to the rumor that gnats67 sent Coleman a horse head?)... Said that Tech was a 7 or 8 win team before the academic casualties, 3 or 4 now...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Should send him the horse's ass.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nah,...you'll do just fine. Don't see how any Tech fan could come down on one of our best. One that has paid the price and knows what it takes to get the job done.

GATA JACKETS!!!

GATA JACKETS!!

Gnome, according to Toe meets leather's post, he stated "4 wins show Chan the door".

He is the only person who has brought up the statement about 4 wins not being acceptable. As I stated, no other poster on any thread has made any statement about four being acceptable.

I have no idea how he conceived that notion!

If you want to know more about his remarks, then you will have to ask him.

You said you wanted to make sure you heard me right. I am not sure of your statement! All I said was there has been no post on Stingtalk stating 4 wins as acceptable as indicated by TML, nothing more, nothing less.

Father Time

Driver8, Ill go on record and say that Chan will lead us to at least 6 Wins this year, he is that good of a coach. A majority of head college coaches in D1 today would not win more than 4 games coaching us this year because of how shorthanded we are. (As aho said this is just a temporary thing and in 2 years we should be back to redshirting a majority of our frosh.)
Chan and his staff are good enough to lead us to 6. If he does with our schedule he should be a shoo in for Acc coach of the year. Anything over 7 wins then he would deserve consideration for National coach of the year..

So i will say at least 6 wins and i want you to admit to me and all else here on this board you were wrong in your 3 or 4 win prediction. If Chan and the boys fall short of 6 wins then i will sing your song at the end of the year. Deal????

Black Watch, I have enjoyed your posts, but are you saying if he does not receive ACC Coach of the Year, fire him?

LL, NO....Im saying i think he is good enough (And most current d1 head coaches couldnt) to win at least 6 Games Playing Frosh. Im a believer in Chan....

Couldn't care less what Coleman "Tech couldn't beat Auburn with 15 players" Rudolph thinks. Anyone who would insult the kids in that locker room the way he has is no Tech man anymore IMO. And don't give me "he's done it and paid his dues" crap. There is no excuse for insulting our team the way he has. If he thinks we'll lose he can simply say that, no need to embellish and try to be cute. I wish one of our current players would lay his ass out for it.

BTW Coleman, nice pro career.
mad.gif

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Couldn't care less what Coleman "Tech couldn't beat Auburn with 15 players" Rudolph thinks. Anyone who would insult the kids in that locker room the way he has is no Tech man anymore IMO. And don't give me "he's done it and paid his dues" crap. There is no excuse for insulting our team the way he has. If he thinks we'll lose he can simply say that, no need to embellish and try to be cure. I wish one of our current players would lay his ass out for it.

BTW Coleman, nice pro career.
mad.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
drinking.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Coleman Rudolph
behead.gif

Ok. You guys are funny. Coleman says what he says about us against Auburn and predicts 4 wins. And what better words than to fire up the team if this coaching staff is worth a damn. Here you have an All-American from GT and as a senior was the strongest player on the team-yes, physically was the strongest and that's a fact-He sees a team that is weak and young at many positions and states his opinion at his part time hobby. So what. Have you ever gotten sick of Buck Belue the homer, and his forever praises of the Dawgs no matter what? Have you ever wanted him to say a few things without the bullshit Red/black slant? Of course. Well Coleman does. If it was different, he would have a different opinion.

It all revolves around the QB spot, We need to be good and steady there. If we don't find that, then EVERY game will be a war.

Gnome, what about being tired of the "bullshit red/black slant" was Coleman correcting by making fun of his alma mater? And what does having been the strongest player on the team his senior year have to do with anything? If he only thinks we'll win 4 that's his opinion. He's welcome to state that on the air. But I still don't see what making fun of the team accomplishes. And if he was doing it to piss them off, then we're just helping him by being pissed off. Although I don't for a minute believe that has anything to do with it.

Back